I am banned for trading with scammer alt account

Qvist

This is my account which was banned for trading with scammer alt. https://backpack.tf/u/76561198148843171

I traded with scammer alt before the new rules was in place:

I was banned in March, and the rules were changed in May.

I believe that it should be possible to unban me because of the change of rules when it comes to trading with scammer alt accounts.

This is also my account, which is banned too, because it is seen as alt account of mine.

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199007871060

I did make an appeal, and was in contact with Moderator Toughsox. He says that i am trying to evade the ban by the use of my second account. However, since my account should be rightfully unbanned because of the change of rules as of May 25th i do not see how this is ban evasion.

I would like some third perspective. I really do not see how i cannot be unbanned. Am i missing something?

1 hour ago, Qvist said:

I would like some third perspective. I really do not see how i cannot be unbanned. Am i missing something?

Well I think you should have been unbanned according to your ban reason on your profile and the " Trading with scammers bans under the old rules can now be appealed..." bit in that linked post.

But then if you look a bit earlier in the post it also says " Ban evasion during any ban for trading with scammers will be permanent, as with any other site ban. " which means you should stay banned because you are implying you used that alt knowingly while banned. Even if your ban can/should be appealed/reversed, going around the process by yourself shines a bad light on you and shows you don't respect the site's rules and thus should remained banned.

16 hours ago, Qvist said:

I believe that it should be possible to unban me because of the change of rules when it comes to trading with scammer alt accounts.

Maybe stop running from the truth.

You chased good deals, shady deals you wanted the best prices to get the best profits and you failed to realise how you we're helping those who harm the community or disassociated yourself with what they were doing in that quest for the fastest way to gain.

I did make an appeal, and was in contact with Moderator Toughsox. He says that i am trying to evade the ban by the use of my second account. However, since my account should be rightfully unbanned because of the change of rules as of May 25th i do not see how this is ban evasion.

Making alternative accounts to access the site after being banned is literally the definition of ban evasion. Your account has no viable or valid reason for being unbanned. Regardless of the rule change you got yourself into this mess chasing shot term profit, just accept what you've done and move on. 

You're honestly either being wilfully ignorant or idiotic. 

How can you honestly not see what you've done. it states in your ban 

As you have had multiple prior bans for trading with scammers and are continuing to do so, this ban will be permanent.

You knew what you were doing you'd been warned but clearly non of that mattered.

You're still trying to chase down those profits after all this you've clearly shown yourself to be un-trust worthy and had a negative impact on the community in what world should you ever be unbanned.

Sure you might say people deserve forgiveness but, there's only so far forgiveness can go.

I'd advise you step away from the team fortress 2 community and find some other way to distract yourself or make ends meet maybe, one which doesn't f*ck people over in the process. 

On 12/27/2019 at 5:30 AM, Melancholy Sky said:

Maybe stop running from the truth.

You chased good deals, shady deals you wanted the best prices to get the best profits and you failed to realise how you we're helping those who harm the community or disassociated yourself with what they were doing in that quest for the fastest way to gain.

This is just not true. I was a casual trader who used the regular means of trading ie. servers such as vatican other trader servers.

Yes, i did forget to do background check and was banned for doing so

On 12/27/2019 at 5:30 AM, Melancholy Sky said:

You're honestly either being wilfully ignorant or idiotic. 

How can you honestly not see what you've done. it states in your ban 

You knew what you were doing you'd been warned but clearly non of that mattered.

I was banned for:

Trading with an obvious scammer alt -

Which at the time of the ban was a valid ban reason.

But the rules were changed on May 25th (https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/70966-new-rules-for-background-checks/

"The main one is that we are scrapping the concept of an "obvious alt" when it comes to banning for trading with scammers."

Admin "Teeny Tiny Cat" stated that profiles banned for this would need to appeal.

image.thumb.png.196d727719351e55b44a8b5842626bbe.png

Archived