I'm a new trader and need some advice

NamesOA

you could try aiming some nice Prof ks australium weapons like black box or tomislav or others than most people use em. if you want unusuals,i would save more tho

As I always tell new Traders, don´t buy the following:

3rd Gens

Robo Hats

Ones with a lot of Competition by the sellers

Ones that are priced more than a year ago

Ones that are only worn by Heavy and Medic (´cuz nobody mains them these days)

Most ones on Scrap.tf (Double check if you found a "good" Hat)

Also don´t be afraid negotiating through adding them (unless they say explicitly to not add them)

Hope you are succesful and have Fun Trading!

Yes. With pure you want to start with quickbuying unusuals. You need to be careful which ones you buy though and if possible you need to target hats that have workable margins. 

For example - a quicksell that I would consider uninteresting is a hat that has sellers at 20 keys and buyers at like 16-17 keys. You may still be getting a 'good deal' but you're not going to make more than a key from the trade and very little traders will be interested in buying off you because of the fact that there is no room for profit or interpretation. You want to try and buy some unusuals with few sellers, and a niche or room to work within. To make good profit you need to buy these sorts of unusuals and offer on other peoples unusuals, and try to use negotiation skills to convince them into believing that your hat is worth it for them. Once you have quick bought your unusual/s just start offering it on better hats and practice negotiating. Very few trades are made by listing them on Backpack.tf and waiting for people to come to you  - you need to be an active trader and that is how you will make the most trades and the most profit. Hope this make sense.

Go on marketplace drop 100$ and buy a 30% discount on like a buring flames or somthing that is super discounted and start at like 50 keys and trade from there

Archived