Alternative to Plays.tv?

JayTuut

Plays.tv is closing on 15th of December, and is a program that automatically records your gameplay which was really nifty, then auto deletes it if you don't use it.

You could also set your recording preferences (as a normal program would do) but also how much storage plays.tv has to take up, how many days before the recordings are deleted and etc, and had a quick editor so you could upload certain clips and highlights of your video to their online website, and also save/download them to upload to youtube and etc. I always used this as I like having recordings automatically going just in case something happens, like I may only use it every 3 weeks when something abnormal or highlight worthy happens to upload, but I don't have to worry like a normal program like OBS to press start record on every game and then also edit it manually myself in a diff program and also have to go delete all of them etc.

Is there an alternative?

If you have an AMD card you can use Relive, it has a setting called instant replay where you can press a bind and it saves the last 30 seconds (or however long you set it) of game. It has 'trim video', but I haven't really played with that side of things and don't know how much it can actually do
Never used Nvidia Shadowplay but I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same feature

17 hours ago, Alecto said:

If you have an AMD card you can use Relive, it has a setting called instant replay where you can press a bind and it saves the last 30 seconds (or however long you set it) of game. It has 'trim video', but I haven't really played with that side of things and don't know how much it can actually do
Never used Nvidia Shadowplay but I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same feature

Nvidia is the same but the quality and ease of use isn't the same, plus I don't really remember my button I have for the replay since on that every single number of the keypad does something different.

But the main annoyance with that is it lags. Like if I press "5" or whatever the number on my keypad is to record the last 30 second highlight, it'll just freeze my game and lag it until its done saving that highlight which sucks, and primarily getting recordings in shooters/BR I can't really risk that annoyance and also being taken away from my online match for like 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 11:36 PM, tagKnife said:

I recommend Medal, Medal is like playstv with more social features. They are new started for people who used plays and have nothing else, you can read about it here: PlaysTV shutdown introducing Medal

No thanks, I remember Medal coming up to me asking that, like the main dev. I really don't like Medla and judging by your acc you may be a medal employee too.

But Plays.TV is back anyway. So I have no need for an alternative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, JayTee said:

No thanks, I remember Medal coming up to me asking that, like the main dev. I really don't like Medla and judging by your acc you may be a medal employee too.

But Plays.TV is back anyway. So I have no need for an alternative.

I'm not a medal employee, but I do have close connection to them and like the software. Im sorry you had a bad experience with Medal, I was just providing information about an alternative to plays for anyone who may need a game clipping service like plays.

• 4 months later...

Free game bar for Windows 10, Nvidia Shadowplay, AMD Relive, OBS, Fraps, Action!, Dxtory, even my RecMaster screen recorder has a game mode for optimized game capture.  There are so many playstv alternatives you can choose from.

Archived