Price check

succ

Looking for price checks on a few items.

* Strange Professional Killstreak Flare Gun (Deadly Daffodil, Fire Horns) with Exorcism and Unusual-Wearing Players Killed

* Strange Specialized Killstreak Degreaser (Hot Rod)

* Strange Direct Hit with Kills While Explosive Jumping, Revenges, and Airborne Enemy Kills

Any input is appreciated!

For the flare gun: Under 9 keys since other spelled ones are around there. I would say 6 or 7 should be good, maybe less, depends on you.

Degreaser: normal price (1 key)

Direct hit: 40+ ref looking at the other sellers with parts.

3 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Hello i want to become a tf2 trader but i have a question how high is the chance that you get something higher then one key out of a crate

Depends on the crate my guy. But I would recommend inputting some money in the game to get started, rather than unboxing, and hoping to make a profit. For unusuals, the rate is 1%. But normally, you will make an annual loss if you unbox. Unless you get lucky. So no, most of the time you will lose money unboxing.

4 hours ago, Nuke said:

Hi im new question is the content of a crate more worth then one key

Without being a dick, but if you have to ask this question, i would very much advise you to not start tf2 trading.

43 minutes ago, Raeindeer said:

Without being a dick, but if you have to ask this question, i would very much advise you to not start tf2 trading.

Everyone starts somewhere, I was the same guy who thought you had to buy Level 2 and Level 3 sentries from the Mann Co. Store when I was new.

1 hour ago, LemonLimes said:

Everyone starts somewhere, I was the same guy who thought you had to buy Level 2 and Level 3 sentries from the Mann Co. Store when I was new.

How else would you get it apart from being gifted one by Gabe?

But no seriously, just from a logic point of view, you would have found the ultimate way to make money if that was the case. 

I feel many hard first hand lessons are coming this man's way

9 hours ago, Nuke said:

Hello i want to become a tf2 trader but i have a question how high is the chance that you get something higher then one key out of a crate

You have about the same odds of making profit unboxing as you do buying scratch-off lottery tickets.

sorry I'm going to actually respond to the actual purpose of the thread

as a start, the market for your Degreaser should be very well-defined on the stats page on your backpack.tf page for the item and on Steam Community Market (make sure to look at Strange Specialized Killstreak for both), take whichever price is more advantageous to you

Direct Hit is a special case since the parts are at least alright, probably another half a key on top of usual rate

for the Flare Gun, spell makes it a special case, look at the same pages for Pro KS Strange Flare Gun as you would for your degreaser, probably add a key or something to what you find (don't quote me on that, check if there's someone else selling an Exorcism one specifically and base on their price)

As for unboxing crates, if it were true at any point that you would reasonably expect to profit from unboxing, that situation would likely not last very long (see Crate Depression, a handful of mass unboxers would dump the price of the loot into the ground). The current odds from unboxing crates have largely remained the same for a very long time. It would be safe to assume then that it would not be profitable.

Archived