Im curious how much my voodoo vizier with valiant vortex (1/5 in existence and you can't get them anymore) could be worth in the future.

CentroK

Hi, I'm somewhat new to trading unusual hats in tf2 , and just traded for a valiant vortex voodoo vizier which is a 1/5 item and is going for around 50-70 keys at the moment since you wont be able to unbox this item anymore (spooky spoils exclusive hat and effect) I wanna get a general price range this hat could go for in the future.  If anybody wants to comment opinions on the hat, questions about it, or just a future price maybe , let me know , I enjoy answering all the questions I get. :) (also i'm in class teehee) 

1) its not even close to 50 keys, maybe 30 keys max (Vortex effects are cheapest) and its a lot of them was unboxed
2) you CAN unbox it after halloween, because this effect comes from "Spooky Spoil Collection". For example Violet Vermin case, you still can unbox Halloween 2018 effects from that case. You can get general effects or Halloween 2018.

11 minutes ago, MopkoBka116 said:

1) its not even close to 50 keys, maybe 30 keys max (Vortex effects are cheapest) and its a lot of them was unboxed
2) you CAN unbox it after halloween, because this effect comes from "Spooky Spoil Collection". For example Violet Vermin case, you still can unbox Halloween 2018 effects from that case. You can get general effects or Halloween 2018.

I agree, the vortex effects are the cheapest and most "eh" effects from the case. The voodoo vizier is a commando grade item, but it isn't very desirable, or particularly good looking. Anything more than 30 keys for the hat is too much. The only effects that cannot be unboxed anymore are the taunt effects, or the hats that came from other cases.

But starting this year you can’t unbox past effects , so you won’t be able to get the effects on the item same for taunts and past effects....you can unbox a 2020 effect on it next year but not this years

10 hours ago, CentroK said:

But starting this year you can’t unbox past effects , so you won’t be able to get the effects on the item same for taunts and past effects....you can unbox a 2020 effect on it next year but not this years

At the end of the halloween event, the new unusual effects go from being unboxable in any case to being case-specific (the case in question being the same case voodoo vizier comes from.)
So you can't unbox the new effects on any hats from other cases (eg Patriot's Peak from Tough Break Case, Rotation Sensation from Gun Mettle Case etc) but those effects are still in the effect pool of the Spooky Spoils case after the event. Much the same as all the Violet Vermin effects last year - You can still get Halloween 2018 effects from the Violet Vermin cases, but my Dark Doorway Polar Bear will remain 1 of 2 in existence.

Archived