We're making buds great again

creepio

Bought 66 of buds for 2.4-3 keys over the last few days. A few for a little bit more. Others joined in the movement. I don't know what I'm looking at.. but I like it.

earbuds.png.cca7e72064f02b9ec32261dbccfdebbf.png

While it could be nice to a degree, buds will never return to the times of old, nor will return to a high value.

They are still unreliable, and certainly not stable enough in comparison to keys.

wow... every year this has to be attempted at least once by some group. it never works. well.... at least not for any length of time. 

#buds_will_never_b_gr8_again

#make_tf2_gr8_again_valve_by_dropping_the_heavy_update_already_FFS

Only reason buds are going up is because of the csgo update, which seems to be affecting keys on scm as well. People are probably investing in case they do the same update for tf2. I bought for the imminent bud bubble thereafter :)

This would be a good idea, if a. it hadn’t been attempted 100 times before this thread, and b. earbuds looked good on player models, which they do not. 

I never get the point of this, why do so many people try to "bring back" buds, it's nothing but a pain in the arse. If you want something relatively stable, stick with keys, and if you want to save inventory space and have huge chunks of "pure", cash exists. Hell, I pretty much ONLY trade for cash now. Buds are nothing but a worse alternative.

Can't hurt to invest 10% of your capital into it honestly. If they go down you will loose 0.3-0.5 keys at max per bud. They go up and you make 1+ key. 

Unless Buds became extremely stable again there is zero chance of them being used as a currency anymore. Doesn't matter if they go above Max's prices, if there's no stability and their price is only going up because a group of people is mass buying them hoping to raise their price for easy profit (and yes, that is the main goal of almost everyone participating in this), then all that's going to happen is you end up with a less stable Max's Head that's even less appealing for trading since everyone knows once people start cashing out to get their profit off the buds raise, buds will crash again. If people really wanted a new currency or to bring back an old currency, a movement to use Max's Heads would be better since they're already stable at a price similar to what Buds were 5+ years ago. They'd still have the same problem of people buying them up to try and make profits off price raising, but it's going to be much less of an issue when you can only afford 10-15% of the amount of Max's as you could Buds.

Would just be easier if a mass group of traders banded together to make earbuds a currency again, as opposed to them hoarding and then rising and then profiting.

1 minute ago, Brother Spook said:

Would just be easier if a mass group of traders banded together to make earbuds a currency again, as opposed to them hoarding and then rising and then profiting.

That’s the plan. Unfortunately I’m seeing some of the same traders in the buy and sell orders. 

It’s terrible that people would take advantage of our efforts. Tragic, really. All our work being thwarted by greed! :(

Just to let people know I’m well aware this isn’t going to work. Just a little bit of fun that’s actually managed to make a profit overnight. I won’t be selling out.  If they drop again I’m going to buy even more. Some call it stupidity. I call it the Lord’s work. 

6 hours ago, han singular said:

That’s the plan. Unfortunately I’m seeing some of the same traders in the buy and sell orders. 

It’s terrible that people would take advantage of our efforts. Tragic, really. All our work being thwarted by greed! :(

Just to let people know I’m well aware this isn’t going to work. Just a little bit of fun that’s actually managed to make a profit overnight. I won’t be selling out.  If they drop again I’m going to buy even more. Some call it stupidity. I call it the Lord’s work. 

It's gotta be an effort from the people at the top, those that care for the economy beyond some cheap profit. I reckon some of the bp admins or something buy alot of earbuds and shift the economy until things are stabilized, maybe they could take a poll on what buds should be worth.

never mind that earbuds are one of the most common hats in reality, if you are going to attempt price manipulation at least make sure you are the only one able to sell back

• 2 weeks later...

Archived