Kind of confused on painted cosmetics

Len

I'm somewhat new to trading. I tried to sell my lime painted Law for 25.33 ref. I used the calculator on backpack in order to price it, and I was selling it for about 1.33 ref less than what it was estimated. When someone said they were interested in a trade serve, I said it was 25.33 ref. He then called me retarded and said that I was selling it 300% higher than how much it costs.

Am I missing something? I tried looking into how to price things with paint but there are so many different sources saying different things. Can I get some help here?

Don't worry, the person called you "retard", he was talking about himself. Painted stuff are kind of hard to sell, if you don't know how to sell them properly. Most of the time, painted hats/miscs don't go for full price, and there isn't that much people who is buying them.

U have a Lime Law - I checked on it, there is buyers as high as 15 ref - 12 ref, lowest seller at 21 ref (unsold for 11 days), using this informations i would say, ur hat could be sold for around 15-18 ref, but will be hard to find a buyer, since the buyer at 15 ref isn't a bot, and the person gets a lot of offers, may not accept urs, but try sending him an offer, hoping he will accept at 15 ref. No sites count paint, nor trading bots. Only people who trade with them. Hope i helped.

3 minutes ago, hollows said:

Don't worry, the person called you "retard", he was talking about himself. Painted stuff are kind of hard to sell, if you don't know how to sell them properly. Most of the time, painted hats/miscs don't go for full price, and there isn't that much people who is buying them.

U have a Lime Law - I checked on it, there is buyers as high as 15 ref - 12 ref, lowest seller at 21 ref (unsold for 11 days), using this informations i would say, ur hat could be sold for around 15-18 ref, but will be hard to find a buyer, since the buyer at 15 ref isn't a bot, and the person gets a lot of offers, may not accept urs, but try sending him an offer, hoping he will accept at 15 ref. No sites count paint, nor trading bots. Only people who trade with them. Hope i helped.

Ok, thanks a ton for the help!

Archived