I GOT SCAMMED! WHAT DO I DO?

LordSlimFlim

(I recently started trading on tf2 and had made about 2.5 keys.) I was on trade server when I noticed in chat some person was giving free items. I trade requested the user who added me and showed me a youtube video explaining to get free items it required you to add Matt -Service on steam and make a trade with him. The trade was all my items for nothing. He said that he coded it so I would get my items. I asked the first person that it was fishy she told me to do and that it had worked for her. I told her that I accepted it and got scammed, however she seemed genuinely surprised and didn't believe me. I thought this was enough confirmation and accepted the offer. Matt -Service asked me to quit steam and I did so. when I went back on I had been blocked by Matt -Service and the other person. I hopped onto tf2 and had no items. I lost all of my items. I lost around 2.5 keys. I am depressed about this. What do I do?

SCAMMER STEAM URL (HAS THE VIDEO IN HIS DESCRIPTION):steamcommunity.com/id/mattewservice. Also he had a bot which did the trade:steamcommunity.com/id/matt2020202

Screenshot_20191105-003618_Steam.jpg

maybe you could use common sense and avoid getting scammed again. there's nothing else you can do about it, you're not going to get your items back. btw those items were less than 4 bucks, so its not a big deal

you have made a report over here:

https://backpack.tf/issue/5dc025b16780723dce0a1b85

if you want you can make a steamrep report but you already made one here so just stick to one.

as for your loss,you only lost like 2-3 keys so i dont see why you would want to get depressed about that.im not saying depression is wrong or anything but you dont have to give up.take this as a lesson to be more wary in future.there are many people who got scammed even much more than what you lost(including me.lost a csgo knife and some tf2 items as well).Even after losing a valuable item,i just own it up and resume trading. :)

as i also mentioned,the person who showed you the video is also the person who stole your items.they are both the same dudes

have a look in your sofa cushions you'll probably get back your losses from doing that

in all seriousness just be careful in the future, and be glad it wasn't worth that much

2 hours ago, LordSlimFlim said:

I live in Australia and keys are $3.60. I want expose these scammers more than I want my items back.

forgot to mention but he wont give you back your items nor will valve give back.there's a reason why valve introduced the Steam Mobile Authentication

Imagine trading virtual currency through a cartoony point and click dress-up adventure game and get scammed so you can't dress up your American barbie doll maggot.

If you looked up this scam method you would have found many people both on backpack, steamrep and on steam discussions that call this a scam but the positive thing here is as said above you only lost only a few keys worth of items where I have seen this scam take unusuals worth over a couple of hundred £ each plus any additional items. Best advice here is learn from your mistakes and if something looks to good to be true it probably is.

• LordSlimFlim locked this topic

Archived