Good deal or no?

Skyfflaren

I unboxed this unusual a day ago and i got offered a clean vivid plasma attendant for it 1:1. Should i take it? The attendant is priced at 29 keys

hat.png.96bb7f49e4fa85a8e495f38cce1f1313.png

What the hell

I was the guy who offered the Attendant and you guys told him in his price asking thread that it can get 15-35 keys, suddenly it's worth more??

No sharking intended at all.

https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/72895-pricecheck-new-unusual/?tab=comments#comment-629933

Edit: Another one for 58€ on scm, I don't know how it could fetch 45 keys at all

12 hours ago, nobot said:

dude, that guy is a sharker lmao (so yeah, don't)

I wouldn’t say it’s sharking based on the info we have. IMO sharking requires someone to try to trick you or mislead you into believing a hat is worth more or less than what it really is.    What I see here is MAYBE a lowball offer if anything at all! 

Other seller on the market is asking for 73.67CDN (24 keys), this will net him 21 keys (after transaction fees)from the market.  I mean try to find other offers, probably not the attendant unless he adds.  

I'd just tell him "I'm not interested unless you can add quite a bit more, sorry." or something along those lines and keep them in mind. - Not saying their offer is good, at least not at what you can currently sell the hat for realistically, as that's definitely a lowball offer from the guy. It's not worth it unless he'd add a good amount of keys or good value items.

Right now there's another listed in the BP classifieds for 40 keys, with other effects on that hat around the same area. https://backpack.tf/classifieds?page=1&item=El Mostacho&quality=5

I'd say you're better off trying to get somewhere between 33 and 38 pure for it while the hype is still high (and while people haven't realized Wicked Wood has a higher drop chance than any other effect but Fifth Dimension in the 2019 halloween effect pool.) - As the hype continues to die down and more get unboxed, more are going to end up on the market for lower and lower prices, so it's not worth trying to milk a couple extra keys out of it at the risk of waking up and having several more of them suddenly up for sale for lower than you were hoping to get for it.

57 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

@mike_ers Also have you read my post stating that there's one listed for 55€ on scm

55 euros = ~61.4 USD. Keys on SCM are $2.35 USD, and on Marketplace tend to average at $1.82. Although at SCM key prices that's 26-27 keys, at bp.tf and Marketplace.tf key prices, that's 34-35. Pricing/values work a bit different for SCM sales, I know, but it's worth saying you'd be paying the same price on the SCM for that hat as you would paying for 34 keys from Marketplace and buying the hat for pure if that was the price OP decided to list at.

Even then, there's a Vivid Plasma attendant on Marketplace.tf for $39.99, which would be ~22 keys. https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/213;5;u16

46 minutes ago, mike_ers said:

55 euros = ~61.4 USD. Keys on SCM are $2.35 USD, and on Marketplace tend to average at $1.82. Although at SCM key prices that's 26-27 keys, at bp.tf and Marketplace.tf key prices, that's 34-35. Pricing/values work a bit different for SCM sales, I know, but it's worth saying you'd be paying the same price on the SCM for that hat as you would paying for 34 keys from Marketplace and buying the hat for pure if that was the price OP decided to list at.

Even then, there's a Vivid Plasma attendant on Marketplace.tf for $39.99, which would be ~22 keys. https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/213;5;u16

I sold the attendant anyways, doesn't matter anymore really, you're right though.

The fact is: I'm not a shark. Period.

I have spoken to both the unboxer, and the person who offered on the new hat, and the unboxer has said that he was in no way made to believe that his hat is worth much lower than the hat that was offered to him. In other ways, his item was not being de-valued. Meanwhile in another forum post (link here), people have valued this hat at around 15-30 keys.

So this is in no way a shark attempt and all the accusations above are baseless without valid proof.

Chat with the unboxer

Please don't randomly accuse people of sharking without actual proof next time.

Archived