My effects?

Exelgor

Hey guys, Ive got this problem that some unusual effects for me look really dull. Effects like schorching and burning flames are almost unseeable for me wich is a shame since i got into unusual trading.

Does anybody know anything about this?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631158881309032448/631168421534367775/20191008175825_1.jpg Burning

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628237740110249994/631862436357603338/20191010163453_1.jpg Schorching

You can leave a comment here or add me on dc Exelgor#7859

Have a nice day

exel, it's mainly of the maps lighting.. in general burning flames is always been IN MY experience dull same for scorching. just got used to it tbh it's not a big deal as you are trading them anyways :P

EDIT, seond look its dull because you have sertain settings on low or medium. try fiddling around with 

not to sound arrogant here but I'm 100% correct, dx8 is the only thing effecting this, no other part of your fps config can be changed in any way to change the 'brightness' of unusual particles

2 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

exel, it's mainly of the maps lighting.. in general burning flames is always been IN MY experience dull same for scorching. just got used to it tbh it's not a big deal as you are trading them anyways :P

EDIT, seond look its dull because you have sertain settings on low or medium. try fiddling around with 

got everything at medium/high and it on multiple maps

55 minutes ago, Exelgor said:

Dx8? Could you explain/tell me how i can fix it

In ur launch options for tf2 try -dxlevel 90 or if youve got a higher end pc use -dxlevel 98. Thatll fix it

13 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

In ur launch options for tf2 try -dxlevel 90 or if youve got a higher end pc use -dxlevel 98. Thatll fix it

17 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

Yo zeus it aint working? 90 and 98 doesnt i tried 95 yesterday and it worked but today it doesnt

20 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

not to sound arrogant here but I'm 100% correct, dx8 is the only thing effecting this, no other part of your fps config can be changed in any way to change the 'brightness' of unusual particles

how to fix>?

20 hours ago, Appah said:

Dx8 and judging by the low poly playermodel bottom left some sort of performance config, that's almost certainly what's doing this.

wich part

13 hours ago, Exelgor said:

Yo zeus it aint working? 90 and 98 doesnt i tried 95 yesterday and it worked but today it doesnt

Try throwing mat_dxlevel 95 in ur autoexec for tf2. 

23 hours ago, Exelgor said:

wich part

Well assuming you're using a performance config that either automatically or required you to set dx8 it likely also includes alot of stuff that reduces graphical settings below what you can do with just the ingame menu.

I'd suggest wiping the config and any launch options you may have and returning the game to default and seeing if that has any improvement.

Setting dx90 would work for the day you set it but upon rebooting the game your autoexec.exe would overwrite it and go back to dx8.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:09 PM, DRIFTA said:

are you sure -dxlevel 95 is still there in your launch options?

Yeh the only thing that seems to work is actually setting it to dx8

Archived