How much do strange parts add to a weapon on backpack.tf?

Krunos

1 hour ago, Badhitreg said:

It depends on what the weapon is and what part it is... 

No...I mean is there like a % value reduction to a part when it is applied to a weapon. If there is, how many %?

1 hour ago, Krunos said:

No...I mean is there like a % value reduction to a part when it is applied to a weapon. If there is, how many %?

Re-read what Badhitreg just said, please and thank you.

E.g. 

I have an aussie prof killstreak scattergun that worths around 37.75 with no parts. But it worths 38.32 keys when I added 3 parts worth around 2.1 keys. It only added around 0.57 keys to its original value...

A really perfect part that fits a weapon beautifully, like reflected projectiles, or sappers removed, or allied healing could hold 50% of its value.

Damage dealt might hold a third of its value.

Cheaper parts do not hold much value, even of their limited worth.

Your scattergun has pretty meh parts. Scouts killed, medics killed, and pyros killed aren't exactly the most desired parts on a scattergun. Those parts maybe add around half a key to a key to the price.

NEVERMIND...

Found the answer in another post...

Today, we decided (based on community feedback), to change the multipliers for applied Strange Parts and paint to 10% and 20% respectively. You are likely to see a drop in "backpack value", however, worry not. This merely reflects your actual backpack value better than what it did before. It is simply very hard if not impossible to sell applied mods for 50% of the original item's value.

Been selling 50% on good parts and it works for me. 

Doesn't sell in a week but if you got patience might as well get a better value for it.

• 11 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 10:02 PM, Flamadin said:

A really perfect part that fits a weapon beautifully, like reflected projectiles, or sappers removed, or allied healing could hold 50% of its value.

Damage dealt might hold a third of its value.

Cheaper parts do not hold much value, even of their limited worth.

i know this thread is kind of dead, but i have long distance kills and medics killed on my strange spec. killstreak sniper rifle. are these good parts?

8 hours ago, sordide said:

i know this thread is kind of dead, but i have long distance kills and medics killed on my strange spec. killstreak sniper rifle. are these good parts?

"kind of dead"? bruh u necro'd a 1 yr old thread. Long distance kills on sniper rifle is good, medics killed (as with any other part) is meh to some people, so I guess your sniper could grab around half to 1 key depending on buyer.

16 hours ago, Skibuster said:

Guess since this has been revived I may as well ask as well ahaha. What about Damage Dealt on a S. Rocket Launcher? Thanks Heaps!

I sell things like this on S.C.M.

I just look up the cheapest currently listed and undercut that by like 10 cents.

Archived