Is it worth to invest in unusalfiers to apply them when halloween begin

Shinden

It's kind of late to do it now, the prices have already shot up. They'll probably drop during Halloween, even if there's new effects, purely from the sheer amount of them being unboxed.

If effects get recycled, it may or may not be profitable to sell at the beginning of the event based on existing prices for the resulting taunts (depending on price you get it at, how many other people try to sell, the taunt, etc), but will likely become a losing proposition beyond the first few days.

If new effects are added, it likely will be massively profitable at the outset, with diminishing returns as the event drags on (assuming any of the effects are well-liked).

But that's just speculation, if anyone knew with 100% certainty what the profitability was, they would already "correct" the Unusualifiers' prices to perfectly reflect it.

I think so. Even just the anticipation and thrill of redeeming makes it worthwhile to me. It's like Christmas except you're kind of guaranteed something exciting. Worst case save them for next year.

I myself got 17 unusualifiers in expectation that there might be some amazing new taunt effects.

For example:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1853677294

well you can give it a shot but buy like a small amount of them.dont get alot because last year,a lot of new effects came out so valve being valve,dont wanna give us alot so there is a chance that we dont get any new effects

Why do so many people have this mentality "We were given new effects last year, clearly we will get no new effects this year"... Since Scream Fortress 2013 We had consecutive New Effects (Tf2 Team or Workshop) every year except 2017 and that was due to a major update taking all the time and energy away from picking hats/effects for that year (And we still had a Halloween that year, albeit with old effects for hats and taunts)...

Its too late to get Unusualifiers now unfortunately, they have spiked way too high, BUT if you want to get one for a taunt you like and its still reasonable then go for it...

45 minutes ago, Mad Mind said:

Why do so many people have this mentality "We were given new effects last year, clearly we will get no new effects this year"... Since Scream Fortress 2013 We had consecutive New Effects (Tf2 Team or Workshop) every year except 2017 and that was due to a major update taking all the time and energy away from picking hats/effects for that year (And we still had a Halloween that year, albeit with old effects for hats and taunts)...

Its too late to get Unusualifiers now unfortunately, they have spiked way too high, BUT if you want to get one for a taunt you like and its still reasonable then go for it...

I think it's still a good time to get unusualifiers. If they release God tiers like the Stormy 13th or Knifestorm one I'll literally jizz my pants.

Archived