Glitched Unusual Prices

SoundDrout

As it stands, glitched unusuals have a price much, much lower than regular unusuals...

The only reason people are paying less for these unusuals is because they existed after a certain date, but why are they being avoided like the plague?

Even if only 5 new unusuals of that type were unboxed (barely 15% of the total in my case), people consider it worthless compared to unusuals that were unboxed before the crate depression.
I can understand in cases where the amount unboxed was a huge percent of the total, but for me it is a slight increase.

My unusual is the Miami Nights Crone's Dome, and as it stands nobody wants to offer just because it was glitched!

It's a great hat, many even consider it to look amazing, but they want to avoid it as much as possible, and give incredibly low offers.

Other people are trading the same hat glitched for very low prices, showing they have a similar situation, whereas those that aren't glitched are sticking to moderately high prices.

Will it be impossible to trade this for a decent price, at least 60 keys?

Well, its still an age of unusual depression. Just let all these people who unboxed glitched unusuals just quicksell all their unusuals and unusual prices will hopefully get more stable. Now people just quicksell unusuals and undercut each other. I give this at least 2 more months.

they aren't refusing to offer because its glitched

they're refusing to offer because they don't think they can sell it for more than you're asking

17 minutes ago, LaughingLollipop said:

they aren't refusing to offer because its glitched

they're refusing to offer because they don't think they can sell it for more than you're asking

So does that mean if someone owns a non-glitched unusual, they can't sell it for regular price if other people have unboxed a lot of glitched ones?

9 minutes ago, SoundDrout said:

So does that mean if someone owns a non-glitched unusual, they can't sell it for regular price if other people have unboxed a lot of glitched ones?

It means, that guy who wants to own an unusual will less likely to be interested in your non glitched unusual as it is not different from a normal unusual. And glitched ones goes cheaper. Even myself, i traded for my scorched attendant but just later realized it was glitched. Though, i wish valve would have kept uncraft tag on all of these glitched unusuals though.

1st gens are still selling Ok (low-mid tier hats with high tier effects) - 3 gens are dead at this point tho. People dont care much about "glitched" part since they are unus like all others, actual problem is over-saturated market.

46 minutes ago, duckDecoy said:

Can someone fill me in as to what a glitched unusual is, and how you can identify them.  Ta

the glitched unusual that people are talking right now is the one that was unboxed during the massive glitch of unboxing an unusual was 100% drop.

valve's answer to resort this problem was to have the first unusual unboxed or entered in your inventory when it became untradable,they will make that one to be tradable while the rest can be refunded for a key and the price of the crate you spent on.

due to this answer,alot of unusuals was still unboxed and when there is more in quantity,there will be less in demand.

its just the same thing as when valve introduced unusualifier taunts.too many existed,lesser in demand=selling it at very low price

right now,its only safe to stick to graded unusual or misc or unusuals that isnt unboxable anymore

41 minutes ago, duckDecoy said:

Can someone fill me in as to what a glitched unusual is, and how you can identify them.  Ta

the glitched unusual that people are talking right now is the one that was unboxed during the massive glitch of unboxing an unusual was 100% drop.

valve's answer to resort this problem was to have the first unusual unboxed or entered in your inventory when it became untradable,they will make that one to be tradable while the rest can be refunded for a key and the price of the crate you spent on.

due to this answer,alot of unusuals was still unboxed and when there is more in quantity,there will be less in demand.

its just the same thing as when valve introduced unusualifier taunts.too many existed,lesser in demand=selling it at very low price

right now,its only safe to stick to graded unusual or misc or unusuals that isnt unboxable anymore

Literally just bullshit,

UNUSUALS UNBOXED DURING THAT TIME PERIOD ARE LITERALLY UNIDENTIFIABLE OUTSIDE OF THE UNBOX DATE

anyone trying to offer lower because of it is borderline sharking cause it makes literally no fucking difference it's still the same hat and still was from valves perspective unboxed legitimately. 

As someone who hasn't really been on the trading scene since probably like 2013, at this point in my TF2 career I just want to get my favorite hats with effects that I like, to keep and wear forever. So I'm guessing I'm in the definite minority here, but I'm actually stoked that the prices of first gen unusuals have dropped so sharply. I just recently got a vivid plasma Vintage Tyrolean for 24 keys, a 40% discount on the bp.tf listed price of 40 keys (granted, this price is 3 years old now). I have to guess that the seller couldn't get any higher offers on it simply because of the date that it was unboxed.

My question is how does this affect me as the wearer of the hat? The hat itself isn't glitched... the vivid plasma still shines just as beautifully as any hat unboxed before that day. There are no huge red flags on the item history page, like there are on duped unusuals. There's no way of even knowing, apart from inspecting the item ID. I just answered my own question... it has zero effect on me as the wearer of the hat.

Now, if I can just find a nice "glitched" Texas Ten Gallon for sale for cheap... 😉

On 8/25/2019 at 8:45 PM, Diamond jozu said:

the rest can be refunded for a key and the price of the crate you spent on

source for this information? this is the first time im hearing of it

27 minutes ago, anhe said:

source for this information? this is the first time im hearing of it

i dont know the link but if you have one of glitched unusuals,it will lead you to a link on steam and the refund can be done immediately

Archived