When will i receive The Trevor Project 72 Hour Jam 2019 medal?

LeadKiM

I notice from a post someone posted the other day from an interview between a potatoe servers admin and a valve employee, Medals have currently been banned for the time being. I am not sure when your event was but the post someone did the other day detailing an interview from a valve employee was dated June 2019 SO i assume any medals due to be issued after that time wont happen

Medals have not been banned, you should of read the whole page... It states they allow distributors to reuse the medal under a different name.

" Q: What’s with the recent medals ban? Why was it put in place?

A:The medals situation is a mess that spiraled completely out of control. Originally,medals were primarily exclusive for comp leagues and charity communities. Then more people wanted to run community events and wanted medals for them, and Valve was fine with giving them medals. However, the requests started to exponentially increase with more and more people wanting them and adding in medals was consuming way too much time. In short, they were burning out and wanted to call a ceasefire to give themselves a break from the never-ending grind of importing medals. Currently, people who have medals in the game can reuse them with a new name and description. This works for almost all (non-charity) events because only a small fraction of people (usually less than 100, definitely way less than 1000) earn them, so if they were to re-run the event with the same medals, a new batch of people can come in and grab a copy of the old medals (it’s as good as new to them)"

med2.PNGmed1.PNG

Also to answer OP's question , it generally takes a while for donation medals to be distributed. I've waited as long as month on some of them. Please keep in mind it will just be the same medal from a previous event with a new year number attached to it.

ray.PNG>ray2.PNG

The Ray of Sunshine 2019 medal hasn't been distributed yet, sometimes it can take ages for them to be distributed.

If you don't get it AFTER it has been distributed, just contact one of the mods or admins over at TF2Maps and include proof of your donation and they'll likely try and sort it out for you.

6 hours ago, praloskis5 said:

Somebody said they are going to be distributed 18 still no medal

Donations are open until the 23rd, and the medals won't be distributed until donations close, so whoever said that was wrong, medals likely won't be distributed straight away, but if they were it would still take 3 more days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 2:32 PM, praloskis5 said:

Any idea when they are going to distribute them

They were distributed today.

If you didn't get it just contact them and you can get it sorted. I actually didn't get mine today initially, so I went on their Discord and mentioned it, gave them any relevant details (proof of donation + Steam ID) and a few hours later I now have it.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, praloskis5 said:

Ok i sent a reply can you check if i did it correct :d

You got a response, and it was telling you to read the instructions on the Discord server :geel:

I'll just quote the Discord post for you.

If you donated to the charity but have not yet gotten your medal, send Void a DM on the forums with a link to your steam profile and some proof of your donation. Click here: https://tf2maps.net/conversations/add?to=Void

I don't think so. It appears that is just an email saying you've signed up for their newsletter, you would need an email confirming your donation and the size of your donation. Depending on how you paid, you might be able to use your payment method. For example: If you donated using Paypal your Paypal account would have a record of when the payment was made, how much it was, and who it was made to, and that would probably be good enough.

12 hours ago, praloskis5 said:

1 day later no response

It looks like you have it in your TF2 inventory now, so congrads.

Also about 7 hours ago Void said this on the TF2 Maps Discord:

i'd say about 98% of donor medals have gone out, the last 2% are either people that don't care or haven't noticed that they didnt receive one yet

• LeadKiM locked this topic

Archived