Determining Price of a Burning Flames Crown of the Old Kingdom

Super_

Hi all,

So, during the whole unusual-unboxing fiasco a couple of days ago, one of the items that I unboxed was a Burning Flames Crown of the Old Kingdom:

7f02cced5fa58832866180211094f0dd.png

Now of course, at the time of writing, we don't know what action Valve is planning to take with the unusuals unboxed during the fiasco but lets say that Valve decides to allow these unusuals to be tradable and marketable, how would you guys say this item should be valued at?

When looking up this item after I originally obtained it, I discovered that it is the second one of its kind currently in existance and according to the last price suggestion, the item was valued at 2300 keys - but this is a bit outdated considering the fact this value was suggested 4 years ago. So, with me not exactly knowing how to value an item of this value (not to mention actually owning such a high-valued item until now), I thought it would be best to ask you guys what you believe would be the best way to value this rare all-class hat. 😃

Thats a whole lot of 'IFs' ......how about wait and see what happens.

If Valve leaves them untradable, then they are worthless.  If they make them tradable but uncraftable, then a totally new price would need to be set.  What that price is depends on what the community feels its worth paying for it.  As everyone knows it was from a glitched event, it certainly wont be anywhere near what the other legit one is worth but...... stupid people do stupid things.

2 hours ago, Mrs TS said:

Thats a whole lot of 'IFs' ......how about wait and see what happens.

If Valve leaves them untradable, then they are worthless.  If they make them tradable but uncraftable, then a totally new price would need to be set.  What that price is depends on what the community feels its worth paying for it.  As everyone knows it was from a glitched event, it certainly wont be anywhere near what the other legit one is worth but...... stupid people do stupid things.

duped hats part 2

I think we can safely say if any of the 26th  July hats become tradeable people wont be paying full price for them if they are privvy  to whats happened and the date they were scanned on bp. Thinking its even acceptable to charge full price is imorral

38 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

I think we can safely say if any of the 26th  July hats become tradeable people wont be paying full price for them if they are privvy  to whats happened and the date they were scanned on bp. Thinking its even acceptable to charge full price is imorral

I'll just say "8 Burning Flames Team Captains".

Not to be rude, but your situation is a good example of why these Unusuals are very dangerous to release into the trading pool.

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest banking on the hat becoming tradable, at least not in Unusual quality/with that effect. If it did though? Well, it depends on how many other Burning Crowns were unboxed.

22 hours ago, Super_ said:

Hi all,

So, during the whole unusual-unboxing fiasco a couple of days ago, one of the items that I unboxed was a Burning Flames Crown of the Old Kingdom:

7f02cced5fa58832866180211094f0dd.png

Now of course, at the time of writing, we don't know what action Valve is planning to take with the unusuals unboxed during the fiasco but lets say that Valve decides to allow these unusuals to be tradable and marketable, how would you guys say this item should be valued at?

When looking up this item after I originally obtained it, I discovered that it is the second one of its kind currently in existance and according to the last price suggestion, the item was valued at 2300 keys - but this is a bit outdated considering the fact this value was suggested 4 years ago. So, with me not exactly knowing how to value an item of this value (not to mention actually owning such a high-valued item until now), I thought it would be best to ask you guys what you believe would be the best way to value this rare all-class hat. 😃

It Worth pretty much the same as valve at this momento, a big 0 you cant even trade it and it will be most likely forever

Honestly I agree this is not going to fetch anywhere between 2100-2300, I think I can safely assume that if Valve does make these ''glitched'' unusual's tradable then we will have to decide another price for it and the economy is in a fiasco at the moment and its just going to add on top of that to make matter's worse I've seen peoples Backpack's skyrocket from like $5 to $1000 overnight because of this glitch 

b38b24deff204ffae507e57a7dbbf8c4.jpg

There were at least 3 of them unboxed. The crown of the old kingdom was a relatively rare hat - 19 sellers on classifieds + 4 on scm right now out of around 90-100 in existence. If yours, and everyone else's, becomes tradeable, there will at least 300 in existence. That's going to absolutely destroy the market for the hat.

It's a bit of a lose-lose for you. Either the hat becomes tradeable and you maybe get 100-300 keys but have to deal with at least 2 other sellers and everyone else dumping the god tiers they unboxed, or it stays untradeable and you get nothing

On 7/29/2019 at 3:13 AM, Mrs TS said:

If they make them tradable but uncraftable, then a totally new price would need to be set.  What that price is depends on what the community feels its worth paying for it.  As everyone knows it was from a glitched event, it certainly wont be anywhere near what the other legit one is worth but...... stupid people do stupid things.

I don't think that the gap would be too much since there is no appearance difference in game. The price is highly related with existance and competition.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:22 AM, saveriocello said:

duped hats part 2

The fear or doubt related with dupes doesn't occur on those uncraftables. (Even so we don't know what is Valve's decision yet.) So, They are even safer imo and must be better than dupes.

Archived