I need help with pricing this Unusual Effect: Burning Flames Unusual Brain Interface

antjuanjuan7

I am just a casual TF2 player with some no practical trading experience and with the layout of the steam market i am uninformed on how i should price  my first Unusual Hat because it seems to be a mediocre hat with a top tier Unusual effect, but how steam market lays out all unusuals under the same listing category i am in need of help. 

It is a brand new hat, so it is quite hard to pricecheck it, especially with all this unusual debacle that has been going on the past few days.

Probably comfortably worth over 100ish keys though.In comparison to https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Sheriff's%20Stetson/Tradable/Craftable/13 which is assassin grade quality and can go up to 200 keys, your hat is around 150 keys in my opinion.Keep in mind though, that's with current prices.The price of your and everyone else's unusuals depends on what Valve decides to do with the recently unboxed hats from the bugged crates.Since you said you are a casual player, either sell it on the Steam Market or here on bptf for pure keys only.Don't trade it for other unusuals, at least for the time being.Hope I was able to help!

1 hour ago, antjuanjuan7 said:

I am just a casual TF2 player with some no practical trading experience and with the layout of the steam market i am uninformed on how i should price  my first Unusual Hat because it seems to be a mediocre hat with a top tier Unusual effect, but how steam market lays out all unusuals under the same listing category i am in need of help. 

if you are looking to sell it, I'd suggest you to hire an experienced AND TRUSTED broker like me and let them sell it for you, since today Steam is full of sharks and scammers.

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Unusual Brain Interface?filter=flames

there's been a flaming one unsold for ~35 keys for a couple days with another scorching flames sold about the same. old-school 

'god tier' engie unusuals like the 10 gallon have sold over 100 keys, but this hat is not high tier imo. doubtfull it brings half of the suggested amount above because the example he gave was for an assassin grade hat that was rare and desired. a merc grade flames won't be that rare either. because it's new it may fetch close to 75 in hats (?) but realistically it's gonna be closer to or below 50. Maybe 40-45 keys would be a safer number to shoot for. It's safer to compare this hat to the buckaroos than a sherif's stetson.

There are many variables that go into determining how much a hat can fetch. A couple of the major ones are desirability, rarity, and how it fits into loadouts. I can think of less than a handful of cosmetics this hat would go with.  Most likely isn't going to high demand, nevermind the unusual unboxing fiasco of late :)

I also just recently unboxed a sunbeams brain interface and I was wondering how much that's worth, I've been getting kinda mixed answers so I think I'll probably just wait until it actually gets a price on backpack.tf

3 hours ago, TheUnstableNutcase said:

I also just recently unboxed a sunbeams brain interface and I was wondering how much that's worth, I've been getting kinda mixed answers so I think I'll probably just wait until it actually gets a price on backpack.tf

That could take a very long time.

Archived