Press F to pay respects for unusual trading

Buddy

9 minutes ago, SteamCloaker said:

F

oh hey bud! funny to see you here, considering you just phished me for some easy profit. eat shit, jackass! 

4 minutes ago, JoeyDaGote said:

oh hey bud! funny to see you here, considering you just phished me for some easy profit. eat shit, jackass! 

likely an impersonator! don't jump to conclusions. his backpack is rather large. file a report if you have a problem

2 minutes ago, sfpt said:

likely an impersonator! don't jump to conclusions. his backpack is rather large. file a report if you have a problem

no it was for sure him, traded with him previously a few times. how do i go about filing a report? never had to do it before

11 minutes ago, Buddy said:

this is a thread for honoring the memory of third gen effects

1st gens too, as a few of the affected crates were of the series 1 variety.

How many crates are affected in total? I saw ppl buying like 20 crates of specific # series (Don't want to specify which ones, to not create more damage), and then going on unusual rampage. How many series in total are getting screwed?
Also, let's say someone buys and uncrates a bugged crate. Are they getting a hat from their specific crate or ANY hat with just specific crate's unusual generation?

Just now, Rakaksha said:

What happened? Am i the only one un aware?

100% unusual drop rate on some of the crates

7 minutes ago, h0plessferret said:

Are you sure 1st gens are also affected? How do you know?

Had 3 of the crates sitting in my inventory. Unboxed them, got a Green Energy Old Geezer, a Burning Flames Magistrate Mullet, and a Scorching Flames Attendant.

1 minute ago, Scott Bakula said:

Had 3 of the crates sitting in my inventory. Unboxed them, got a Green Energy Old Geezer, a Burning Flames Magistrate Mullet, and a Scorching Flames Attendant.

Holy shit... I honestly don't know what to do. I want to get a nice unusual, but I feel like if I were to uncrate bugged series, I would be a part of the problem.

The worst part is that it's 3:30 am for Valve now, so ppl will be rampaging over the dead body of tf2's economy for at least 4 more hours.

33 minutes ago, JoeyDaGote said:

no it was for sure him, traded with him previously a few times. how do i go about filing a report? never had to do it before

You only traded me like twice, once for the Frostbite Chieftain's, and once for the crates, which I was completely unaware to if YOU knew or not, you offered to sell them for 2 ref, so I took them for 2 ref. I didn't tell you they were worth nothing, or worth anything at all. I just figured you knew since how quickly the news was spreading around. But go ahead and report me if you feel like it's absolutely necessary. This whole thing will probably just be re-rolled back tbh.

12 minutes ago, h0plessferret said:

46 minutes ago, Buddy said:

this is a thread for honoring the memory of third gen effects, please take your fighting elsewhere

18 minutes ago, h0plessferret said:

How many crates are affected in total? I saw ppl buying like 20 crates of specific # series (Don't want to specify which ones, to not create more damage), and then going on unusual rampage. How many series in total are getting screwed?
Also, let's say someone buys and uncrates a bugged crate. Are they getting a hat from their specific crate or ANY hat with just specific crate's unusual generation?

12 minutes ago, SteamCloaker said:

You only traded me like twice, once for the Frostbite Chieftain's, and once for the crates, which I was completely unaware to if YOU knew or not, you offered to sell them for 2 ref, so I took them for 2 ref. I didn't tell you they were worth nothing, or worth anything at all. I just figured you knew since how quickly the news was spreading around. But go ahead and report me if you feel like it's absolutely necessary. This whole thing will probably just be re-rolled back tbh.

The crate series was #82 and #83 a long with other odd crates like #103 and #1.  This has been patched for a lot of people already.  Some servers it still works, but those servers haven't been force=updated yet.

SteamCloaker you have nothing to worry about because that isn't considered phishing scamming or even sharking.  Re-rolling won't be considered because people who legitimately received their unusuals fairly would be affected as well. 

Also, Buddy #1 peacekeeper.  :)  F all the way.

The more I think about it, I just really want to know what Rube Goldberg-esque coding was involved in this. I can easily see messing up the unbox rates for the newest crate or going across the board, but to somehow mess up about a dozen random crates from years past, I'm not making the connection there.

7 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

The more I think about it, I just really want to know what Rube Goldberg-esque coding was involved in this. I can easily see messing up the unbox rates for the newest crate or going across the board, but to somehow mess up about a dozen random crates from years past, I'm not making the connection there.

They need a re-vamp tbh.  Might take a bit but organizing everything like AA1 or AB1 would actually help a lot.

Archived