do mid / high tier skins sell?

happy

dont need to listen to the dude above me cuz he is a loser.xd

depends the type of skins.if its the mercenary grades,aim for strange FN's as they have better chance of getting offers.the colour of skins will matter with the type of spec/prof ks you put on like if the skin is green,put mean green or emerald sheen and the killstreaker can be any type,preferably fire horns.

according to your budget,you say in between 1-10 keys.pretty hard tbh.might as well save more keys

3 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

dont need to listen to the dude above me cuz he is a loser.xd

depends the type of skins.if its the mercenary grades,aim for strange FN's as they have better chance of getting offers.the colour of skins will matter with the type of spec/prof ks you put on like if the skin is green,put mean green or emerald sheen and the killstreaker can be any type,preferably fire horns.

according to your budget,you say in between 1-10 keys.pretty hard tbh.might as well save more keys

Haha, very funny.

In all seriousness though loser is right— skins are not lucrative nor easy to sell given the lack of demand and the overwhelming amount of potential sellers. Consider investing in spells or at the very least unusual skins instead.

Depends on what they are. I'd probably recommend Marketplace/SCM if you want to sell skins, but I'd really only advise going for High-grade FN Stranges and Strange Pro KS ones. Scrap.tf auctions is a decent place to find some nice skins on the cheap, but I will say if you're just starting out you're probably guaranteed to make a bad buy, and getting stuck with a bad skin is, Whoof™.

I've managed to make a nice profit trading skins, and from my experience, you should aim ONLY for FN killstreak (basic or spec) skins under 5 keys. they're pretty easy to sell if you get them for a good price. If you want you can also get them stranges, but that doesn't matter that much.

Also, if you want to make money in a more passive way, just place some buy orders on the same category of skins, but on SCM, and then once you buy them you can resell them for a bit of profit. But remember that this may take some time to find a good balance between time spent and profit earned, but if you manage to find it, you can make a some nice profit.

I laugh at the opinion that skins should not be touched at all, I still make significant, risk-free and passive profit off of them. You just have to target:

a) the dirt cheap skins that have a price floor coded into TF2's economy that almost noone is aware of (look around the wiki, I'm not directly stating it here)

b) the mid-high tier skins with mainstream paints (Hana, Jazzy, Miami Element, Alien Tech, etc.)

c) fool around with special patterns on Macaw Masked (I wouldn't do this out the gate though...)

And since most people mistakenly believe that trading skins is a terrible idea, you can take advantage of the lack of able and willing buyers at any given time to lowball the hell out of someone wanting to cash out. Good luck!

Edit: I should probably add that I use Steam Market for almost all of this, since buy orders are your messiah for getting good deals on skins

Archived