Swap.gg ended their support for TF2 items

Bocks

According to the support ticket I've created, they've closed TF2 trading for good due to someone exploiting the site. Kinda sad.

d6100fa9aedec3a304b453b734a413f2.png

It's tf2 you are talking about. a 12 year old game with little to no updates... it's a good game yet has no good support.

1 hour ago, Captainfluffy said:

It's tf2 you are talking about. a 12 year old game with little to no updates... it's a good game yet has no good support.

What does this have to do with this post?

To be fair, they had probably dug themselves into a 6 ft hole by paying as much as they did for all those "incredibly difficult to sell" unusuals they bought. I feel like they must have incurred a serious net loss on the TF2 section for sure.

4 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

What does this have to do with this post?

that basicly swap.gg ended support for tf2 cause of the lack of updates.  atleast thats what i think happend could be wrong completely

26 minutes ago, Captainfluffy said:

that basicly swap.gg ended support for tf2 cause of the lack of updates.  atleast thats what i think happend could be wrong completely

Did you not read the first post at all? That's not what happened.

1 hour ago, Captainfluffy said:

wat.

2 hours ago, CAaronD said:

To be fair, they had probably dug themselves into a 6 ft hole by paying as much as they did for all those "incredibly difficult to sell" unusuals they bought. I feel like they must have incurred a serious net loss on the TF2 section for sure.

This is the case with many multigame bot sites since they generally start out by accepting most items, they get hit with overpriced first gen all classes etc and then they rot in the bot

2 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Read before you speak and you might have seen it was due to exploits, not valves shitty management of tf2

No someone exploited their site by somehow switching low-tier effect unusuals like nuts n bolts, bubbling ,etc into having high-tier effects and swapping all swap's unusuals for low-tiers

10 minutes ago, johnny696996699 said:

No someone exploited their site by somehow switching low-tier effect unusuals like nuts n bolts, bubbling ,etc into having high-tier effects and swapping all swap's unusuals for low-tiers

this is the real reason.

If anybody is wondering exactly what happened, my theory is that the exploit might have been related to some kind of name-tag abuse. The site would think that the unusual actually had the effect of its name tag. It's pretty weird. Take a look at the unusuals in this swap GG bot's backpack for example. All of them are cancer-effects, but have been renamed to god-tier effects. 

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198812036454

20 hours ago, johnny696996699 said:

They were probably using the original bp automatic/bot code. This had the flaw where you could misprepresent items as something else hence why its support stopped. If you are using it then you shouldnt. Some people who code shouldnt all it takes is a , to break stuff in the beast.

CAaronD that is exactly the flaw that bp automatic/old bot code had. Seems like the bot code would analyse and use the text parmateter, the fact there was obviously no other parameters checked linked to the hat like unsual effect ID or tier id probably means they managed to also somehow break the rest of the parameter parsing code with special dodgey characters similar to the Star character that is in the hats description tags. Very similar to php and mysql hacking in some respects

I am also pretty much certain from the results of those cancer hat movements is was a coordinated attack. up to 1200 items move in that time period and had there descriptions changed. about 40 users. Probably there there staff. and a narcked off sysop. Exit scam/  N.A.R.C . Some of those adverts seem very PUP :D

Xam and cold fusion? pfff.

Archived