Why do buyers go negative?

LaughingLollipop

I often run into prospective buyers of my items saying things like

"its duped"

"I've contacted you and the other seller"

"What is your lowest price"

"There are 43 other ones"

etc.

Is there anyone left stupid enough to bother negotiating with people who spend 90% of their time insulting the item they're trying to buy?

Related image

MNQJJbg.png

They're trying to get the best deal for themselves, as you're trying to get the best deal for yourself. There is nothing wrong with that.

It's called haggling. It's annoying sure, but isn't that how trading goes for everyone?

...also flexin that sweet block list 💪😏

if somebody asks a question like "what is your lowest price", simply say "i'm not comfortable answering that question". you're not obligated to answer questions a buyer has. They want a good deal as much as you do.

3 hours ago, sfpt said:

if somebody asks a question like "what is your lowest price", simply say "i'm not comfortable answering that question". you're not obligated to answer questions a buyer has. They want a good deal as much as you do.

I've attempted to ask what these 'buyers' are willing to pay, what their offer is, etc.

99% of them have no answer.

I find the block button solves my problems quite well

why block legitimate traders? this only hinders your chance of getting deals in the future. why do this instead of just saying you're not interested and declining? your block list is humongous and im pretty sure the majority of that is legitimate traders, given I dont have a tenth of that number and i block all scammers i encounter.

nobody is EVER obligated to answer any questions the other has in a trade. if you are offering someone and you ask them what their offer is, that assumes that they had an offer in the first place. if they offer you, and they dont give you a price, simply tell them what you are willing to sell for and they will negotiate from there. blocking is unreasonable and leads only to you getting a lack of trades in the future.

3334 people blocked jesus christ

are u sure ure not just randomly picking people out of nowhere to block them for no reason lmfao

Or alternatively, when they ask in regards to your lowest price, give them a proper answer. Doesn't have to be an absurd discount but giving them a straight answer denies them the ability to haggle further as they have already requested for your lowest price and you've answered the call

When they start shittalking the items they apparently want to buy, just prompt them along with saying something like 'gosh sounds like you really dislike this item actually, are you sure you actually want to buy it?'

You do not acknowledge their claims, you do not verify or deny their validity since 

1. You're not likely to change their opinion even if you reason with them and they are in fact wrong

2. You don't want to enter a pointless debate about your items because above reason

Being diplomatic helps

What I usually say

"its duped" --> 'Yes, that's correct'

"I've contacted you and the other seller" --> 'Okay' If they start talking about having negotiated with the other seller and you're not interested, simply inform them that you will not be taking your competitor's price into consideration

"What is your lowest price" -as above 

"There are 43 other ones" - 'Okay' 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 1:13 AM, Pigeon said:

They're trying to get the best deal for themselves, as you're trying to get the best deal for yourself. There is nothing wrong with that.

a

Archived