Most hated Weapons

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

Post any weapons you hate for any reason (Looks, stats, etc.)

I hate the Pomson 9000 cause it's just way too overpowered

Dead Ringer - When enemy spies used it, they're invincible. When I use it, I die in seconds.

Spy-Cicle - It barely lasts a second for me, but it seems to last forever on enemy spies.

Machina - I can't fucking aim with it, it's awful.

Heatmaker - Same with machina, and I hate the focus.

Brass Beast - You're just asking to get backstabbed or headshotted.

Direct Hit - Why. Why the hell do you exist...

Shortstop - OP and annoying.

Overdose - Let's face it, that weapon is literally useless in every way.

Shahanasha - The stats make no sense.

Phlogastinator - Who doesn't hate it?

Righteous Bison - STOP SHOOTING MY FUCKING MEDIC!!!!

Eyelander/Nine iron/headtaker - Unlimited range, yet normal range when you use it.

Detonator - Can't hit shit with it.

I hate the Pomson 9000 cause it's just way too overpowered

Pomson 9000 

Pomson 9000 

Pomson 9000

That aside, I could do without the Sun-on-a-Stick. I wasted too much time trying to use it effectively. 

Dead Ringer - When enemy spies used it, they're invincible. When I use it, I die in seconds.

Spy-Cicle - It barely lasts a second for me, but it seems to last forever on enemy spies.

DR: YES! It's fun sometimes but still so over-powered in public games. (Terrible in competitive play.) The worst ones are the 200-300 (maybe 400) hour spies who just run around DR and matador stabbing. They just sit there hauling up super scores and getting all egotistical about it. Then they go bragging into the chat about how they're such great spies because of their scores. Yes! We get it! Any monkey can DR around and get points! I can do that too! I even made a chuck-off video about one and put it on YouTube when he started crying because I destroyed him (with simple front pokes because he was a spy and, DUH!!!, I'm not going to let him backstab me) and insisting that he recorded himself beating me at it. I'd love to see a public server with it banned and force out the C&D and IW spies. Sure, DR is fun sometimes but they could at least learn to Spy without it. Do they not realise that practicing invisible Spy play helps you to escape with the DR? Besides, the most fun Spy play is when you keep going invisible and circling around a spawn area, only to disappear completely while they hose around with their flamethrowers. It doesn't get anywhere near as many points as M2-A-D-M1 DR stabbing but it's much more fun. (I am not trying to belittle trick-stabs. They're extremely important for Spy. However, there's no need to think that you're a hero just because you watched Stabby's videos.)

For the Spy-Cicle: Scorch Shot. It is hilarious when your ally Gibus Heavy's about to be stabbed by a C&D who then pulls out his sapper only to stare at his enemies. :)

I'm quite surprised that no one has talked about the pan, god of all weapons, god of 100% critical hits and the god of being able to make someone spend 5500$ on a virtual item that is just a reskin of the original one.  

The sticky jumper. For many reasons, you are giving up a MASSIVE effective damage output and survival weapon just for the sake of getting to the front lines faster. Let's face it, the maps don't have many open spaces where the sticky jumper could of been effective. And anyway, a teleporter and/or medic(s) counters this weapon completely.

The brass beast. Move way to slow with it. 

Eyelander. OP as F*CK! The range on that thing is an absolute pisstake, and if you're 1 v 1 with a demoman in a cramped space, you may as well kill yourself and spare the embarrasment.

Eyelander. OP as F*CK! The range on that thing is an absolute pisstake, and if you're 1 v 1 with a demoman in a cramped space, you may as well kill yourself and spare the embarrasment.

Except when I use it. I can't hit anything more than 3 inches in front of me. Probably the same reason why an enemy can be visibly INSIDE my flames; quite literally at the spout of my flamethrower but not get burned, and why I can be 10 feet away from someone yet they can still melee me. (Albeit I can't, for probably the same reason.)

The one weapon (more like group of weapons) I hate the most is the syringe gun because I can't aim for sh*t with that thing. I arc my shots, lead them towards the enemy, yet they never hit, even when it looks like the shots are making contact.

Short Circuit - You don't bring a shotgun as a Soldier or are a Demo, you're potentially screwed, especially if he has a mini nearby.

Dead Ringer - Thanks to this, every kid's trying to be like stabby stabby, standing at the top of stairs only to be shot down. Overused imo.

Rift Weps (Sun Stick & Volc Fragment) - Useless outside of Medieval mode and even then Targe demos exist there.

Eyelander - Anyone else using it can get heads easily and I can barely get 1. Also it + lag comp. = Demo having the ability to decapitate a giraffe from 2 miles away.

Claidheamh Mòr - Is the 0.5 seconds of charge duration REALLY worth the HP drain and no random crits stat?

Thoughts on the Puff n' Sting combination?

Cloak and Dagger, not because of the stats, but because 9 times out of 10 the person using it is completely worthless to the team. Watching CnD users is like watching a timid person trying to make a left turn onto a busy road.

I'm quite surprised that no one has talked about the pan, god of all weapons, god of 100% critical hits and the god of being able to make someone spend 5500$ on a virtual item that is just a reskin of the original one.  

Woah, lets not forget about all the bonuses of the Golden Pans, like being a re-skinned Spy Knife or a re-skinned Wrench. I mean there are way better wrenches and knives out there, but hey, you can look stupid while laughing at others.

Machina. Not on a pro, but on a noob who can only get fully charged body shots. I mean its fun to troll on a pub server and try to only get bodyshots, but it annoys the hell outta other people

Overdose - Let's face it, that weapon is literally useless in every way.

In pubs, maybe. But who actually enjoys playing Med in pubs.

It's the go-to syringe gun (if you're not using the Crossbow) for comp, though. The point is to be able to get out with your higher Uber percentage intact. The suicidally stupid playstyle of pubs doesn't support the usage of the Overdose, though. You might as well use the Blutsauger, stock, or again, the Crossbow.

DR: YES! It's fun sometimes but still so over-powered in public games. (Terrible in competitive play.)

Because people don't Spycheck. And no, the DR is still solid in comp play, though it means you sacrifice your recon for picking ability.

Because people don't Spycheck. And no, the DR is still solid in comp play, though it means you sacrifice your recon for picking ability.

It's viable for a life or two amongst scattered invisible movement but (assuming that you're not against a team of monkeys which can occur in Lobby) your enemies will simply tell each other about it and know your general location after the first extra pick gained from it. However, DR spam will just create too much paranoia and make Spy impossible to successfully play with unless if you're brilliant with your revolvers (this applies to public servers too). Yes, it can definitely be used but really not for very long.

I don't like arguing, but I do like good discussion. I don't know what division you play at, so I won't begin to presume anything. But at any decent level, those Spies WILL hit those Revolver/Amby/L'Etranger shots more often than not. Plus, you can use the paranoia to create chaos (i.e. pull Pyro away from combo, push in with Uber and they have nothing to repel it). But like I mentioned, you sacrifice any recon ability for an agressive pick playstyle. While those picks help, at a higher level the recon is generally better, or at least equal to, combo picks on Payload maps, A/D maps, or several 5CP maps (Process comes to mind immediately, Gully too).

Should a good Spy use the DR all the time? No, I know a few that do, but they play at lower levels because they use it as a crutch rather than a tool. The average Plat Spy will run all three approximately equally (with the Invis taking a higher percentage of the cut), because it allows them to choose the timing of their picks and supply recon based on the situation. They also have the gamesense and timing down to know how and when to create havoc with the DR as well.

But if your argument is that the DR is easy to stop, you need to watch some POVs of the rediculous spies. Pulse, Noko, Accoma, and as of right now, I'd actually throw Columbiangmr in there, too.

Archived