Web Browsers

Vince_

72 members have voted

1. 1. ~

I have a 2007MBP with mavs. Its slow regardless. lol

Yea.....i've still got SL on my 2007 MBP, haven't decided whether or not to upgrade to mavericks (i.e. not sure which would actually be faster--as newer os's tend to require more cpu/ram to run well). But i just replaced my '07 mbp with the new rmbp w/ mavericks and its pretty nice. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna say this, and you guys are probably going to prove me wrong, but I don't think there's anything wrong with IE.

First, everyone claims it's slower than Chrome. In launch tests, it opens faster than Chrome. When using it, I don't notice a difference. People claim it is more vulnerable to viruses than Chrome, this is also not true. Well, it's true to a certain extent, but really. It's not bad at all. I believe it scored better than Fire Fox in terms of blocking threats. And lastly, speed. True it's a bit slower than Chrome, but yet again, I notice no difference. 

Regardless, I still use Chrome and love it. 

• 2 weeks later...

i use firefox at home (i would use chrome but chrome=firefox in terms of useage so im sticking with fx since i know it better)

and chrome and IE when im working. because firefox is soooooooo fucking slow on my workcomputer and our systems are so old some only run on IE 6.0 lol

• 2 months later...

Firefox ever since year, what was it now again, 2006?

I do understand the idea of using Chrome if your computer is made out of wood or it is just several years old to not run other browsers well, but if you have more than 6GB of RAM then I don't see any reason to use it unless you have gotten too used with it already in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

I use FF because it's open source so I can be sure there is no hidden NSA stuff in it, which there very likely is in Chrome.

It eats at CPU and RAM though, so I may switch to Chromium. (Chromium is open source Chrome, btw).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived