Out Of Body Experience

Teeird

Nope, never had a trip and don't ever want to have one

Why not? The two times I've had one they were unintentional but overall amazing experiences.

Why not? The two times I've had one they were unintentional but overall amazing experiences.

Care to elaborate, how/what it felt like/was it a full out of body--i.e. did you see yourself? 

While i think it would be interesting to experience it, i'd much rather have a lucid dream.

Care to elaborate, how/what it felt like/was it a full out of body--i.e. did you see yourself? 

While i think it would be interesting to experience it, i'd much rather have a lucid dream.

The first one happened late last year. I fell asleep on the sofa watching RT (yes russia today), woke up and thought I was actually awake. I got off the sofa, scratched my head and realized my body was still sound asleep on the sofa. I knew what it was so I didn't panic. I was excited actually, I wanted to go roam about in town seeing what's up when all of a sudden what felt like an invisible hand pulled me to the ground and that was that. I started to then revisit old memories.

Aye, lucid dreaming is great, you should make a thread on it.

Doesn't trying to master lucid dreaming fuck your sleep up? At least according to a girl on steam that said she lucid dreams. But she later turned out to be a guy and then removed everyone from his friend's list so idk.

I've had a short experience like this when I came back from a trip from Riverside. Fell asleep on the couch and I remember being thirsty as hell. I got up, saw my body asleep, and just thought "Ohh, alrighty then..." then I just passed out again. I later awoke in the kitchen, no joke.

I've tried lucid dreaming and actually had semi-success, my goal was to fly and i actually managed to do that twice. No out of body experiences yet, though.

I have extensive experience with using ketamine and methoxetamine which are supposed to let you experience something like you describe, but in my experience, the separation from your body isn't in the sense that you're viewing your physical self from the exterior, but that you experience the separation of self from your physical body. Sort of like being aware that "you" only really live in your bag of meat and bones, but what "you" are exists outside of the immediate physical world.

Ive had the opportunity to do vapor DMT once in my life. That was a crazy experience. That is about the closest thing to OOBE I can recall.

If you ever do have the chance to do it though, do not do it anywhere where you are not 100% comfortable and relaxed. Ive been around people that flipped out on the shit and it did not end well.

I've tried lucid dreaming and actually had semi-success, my goal was to fly and i actually managed to do that twice. No out of body experiences yet, though.

same, although, with no success :(

I have extensive experience with using ketamine and methoxetamine which are supposed to let you experience something like you describe, but in my experience, the separation from your body isn't in the sense that you're viewing your physical self from the exterior, but that you experience the separation of self from your physical body. Sort of like being aware that "you" only really live in your bag of meat and bones, but what "you" are exists outside of the immediate physical world.

Ive had the opportunity to do vapor DMT once in my life. That was a crazy experience. That is about the closest thing to OOBE I can recall.

If you ever do have the chance to do it though, do not do it anywhere where you are not 100% comfortable and relaxed. Ive been around people that flipped out on the shit and it did not end well.

Like I said, I don't ever want to trip.

Like I said, I don't ever want to trip.

Total respect for that. Its not for everyone, IMO. Some people try it and hate it, some people have great experiences and then one bad one that makes them swear it off for life. Different strokes I guess.

I've tried to lucid dream on many accounts, but it's actually really harder than it seems. You gotta practice, or maybe its just me because I have a pot belly :P

I really wanna have an OOB experience or a lucid dream...

I should probably stop watching Supernatural until 1 in the morning and getting only 5 hours of sleep...I read somewhere sleep deprivation doesn't help xD

EDIT: 66 Posts I'm satan what nvm

I really wanna have an OOB experience or a lucid dream...

I should probably stop watching Supernatural until 1 in the morning and getting only 5 hours of sleep...I read somewhere sleep deprivation doesn't help xD

EDIT: 66 Posts I'm satan what nvm

One of the best ways to get into an oobe is sleeping for 5 hours, wake up. Stay up for an hour relaxed then fall back asleep. The trick is to try and have you body fall asleep first while your mind is still awake. It takes practice.

I think I've talked about it before, but the flying and teleporting and shit is nice

Welcome to Team Fortress 2.

Archived