Jump to content

2 Unread Chat Messages


ϟTheoϟ

Recommended Posts

I've had a notification saying 2 unread chat messages for about a week now. When I click on the notification nothing pops up. Idk what to do usually it goes away after a few days but this time it hasn't. Any help would be welcome. I've tried all solutions I can think of and have found on forums

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had the same issue. I couldn't even click on it. I had it for like for 1 month or so. Was very annoying. It disappeared by itself. Someone probably wrote you something two times and then deleted you. I think there is no solution for it but patience. Good luck with that and have a great day:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I have a "new message" notification on my phone but it's not there on the steam application or web browser Steam.

 

:( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ϟTheoϟ said:

I've had a notification saying 2 unread chat messages for about a week now. When I click on the notification nothing pops up. Idk what to do usually it goes away after a few days but this time it hasn't. Any help would be welcome. I've tried all solutions I can think of and have found on forums

 

3 hours ago, Villagentè ⌤ said:

I have had the same issue. I couldn't even click on it. I had it for like for 1 month or so. Was very annoying. It disappeared by itself. Someone probably wrote you something two times and then deleted you. I think there is no solution for it but patience. Good luck with that and have a great day:)

 

3 hours ago, ѕιи said:

I have a "new message" notification on my phone but it's not there on the steam application or web browser Steam.

 

:( 

This is a known steam issue that they have not fixed. You have messages from a user you have blocked (likely a scammer). You had unread messages when you blocked them. The only way to fix this is to temporarily unblock the person, read the messages, and then block again. There is no way to determine whose messages they actually are so you just gotta unblock everyone you blocked recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had this issue sometimes. It usually fixes itself when i open 'friends' in the steam app, or when i open the steam chat through the web browser

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
4 hours ago, IgnitedSolly said:

Try to open

 

https://steamcommunity.com/chat/

 

on mobile. Its works for me. You can click and see those messages. 

 

But I have no idea who the message is from, so how am I supposed to find it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, sfpt said:

 

 

This is a known steam issue that they have not fixed. You have messages from a user you have blocked (likely a scammer). You had unread messages when you blocked them. The only way to fix this is to temporarily unblock the person, read the messages, and then block again. There is no way to determine whose messages they actually are so you just gotta unblock everyone you blocked recently.

That can be an explanation.

But ive had the same issue many times and imo its just a glitch of steam,  sometimes i have notifications about that and i didnt block or removed anyone.
Through time they will eventually disapear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...