Help!

Magic Poostick

I've Just been scammed by: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Idkwhatmynameis

Can Someone help me?!? I have no proof, i've submitted a Support ticket to steam. It's Impossible to get this on steam rep.

Basically, what happened is that I was buying rust for 2 keys, some guy sent a trade request. I explained to them to give to me now. And guess what. I fell for the oldest trick in the book, the "I will give you it later" Excuse. I thought I could trust him. But I couldn't.

post-6783-0-84796400-1391924846_thumb.png

I don't think there is much you can do about it besides what you already did. You just have to look out and be aware of that kind of stuff later on. Good luck on getting your keys back, anyway.

• Administrators

Nothing you can do without having proof. Bad luck I guess. You learned your lesson and you have no choice but to move on. His account is private. 

Just a headsup, whenever you see someone has their account private, be very cautious with them.

Nothing you can do without having proof. Bad luck I guess. You learned your lesson and you have no choice but to move on. His account is private. 

Just a headsup, whenever you see someone has their account private, be very cautious with them.

It was public before...

I don't think there is much you can do about it besides what you already did. You just have to look out and be aware of that kind of stuff later on. Good luck on getting your keys back, anyway.

Thank you.

And I will take more caution.

• Administrators

It was public before...

Well then,  you should have checked how many hours he has on Tf2, over 1,000 hours is what  I call is "okay" to turst. over 1500 better over 2000 hours good enough. Less than 1000 hours is a never trust to hand them items from me.

But beware, there are also scammers who has 1000 hours on the game but still scames but that is rare.

Well then,  you should have checked how many hours he has on Tf2, over 1,000 hours is what  I call is "okay" to turst. over 1500 better over 2000 hours good enough. Less than 1000 hours is a never trust to hand them items from me.

But beware, there are also scammers who has 1000 hours on the game but still scames but that is rare.

I see, didn't quite know that. Very Helpful.

• Administrators

Hmm Think we can flag him?

Don't think so.

Also, should have looked at his name history. All of'em is not even a word "dssasdsda" Name like these, obviously leads to either being a phisher/hijacker or a scammer. 

Don't think so.

Also, should have looked at his name history. All of'em is not even a word "dssasdsda" Name like these, obviously leads to either being a phisher/hijacker or a scammer. 

Would you count "ralek" as a word?

That was his name when I traded with him,

• Administrators

Would you count "ralek" as a word?

That was his name when I traded with him,

It was "ralex "  :ph34r:

That is an okay name. Name does not have to be a word, like yours or mine does not have a meaning to it but we came up with it somehow.

Like I said, check the name history...His is full of name like "dsdassa2"

"HERPpp"

"dsdasasdasdasd"

"Copypastirino"

Any sane or legit players/users wouldn't have name history like that or won't even think putting name like that. 

It was "ralex "  :ph34r:

That is an okay name. Name does not have to be a word, like yours or mine does not have a meaning to it but we came up with it somehow.

Like I said, check the name history...His is full of name like "dsdassa2"

"HERPpp"

"dsdasasdasdasd"

"Copypastirino"

Any sane or legit players/users wouldn't have name history like that or won't even thinking putting name like that. 

I get it, mk.

• Administrators

I get it, mk.

Sorry to see that you got scammed. Hopefully you can recover the loss again.

Now that I realize it, could I expose him? Then Try to get it on steam rep. I'll See if i can find him and Record.

You have no proof of the incident so steamrep most likely wont accept a report. (Not to mention how steam rep would probably take months to even get to your report)

Tbh you lost only 2 keys, simply learn from your mistake and avoid scams in the future, for 2 keys it isnt worth going to such an extent and you should be glad that your first scam wasnt a few buds.

Your time would probably be better spent trading to make back those 2 keys than to try find him, catch him in the act and to report on steamrep which will take months to process =_=

EDIT: steamrep = severely understaffed, and backlogs are a few months and they essentially refuse to do anything about it really :l

You have no proof of the incident so steamrep most likely wont accept a report. (Not to mention how steam rep would probably take months to even get to your report)

Tbh you lost only 2 keys, simply learn from your mistake and avoid scams in the future, for 2 keys it isnt worth going to such an extent and you should be glad that your first scam wasnt a few buds.

Your time would probably be better spent trading to make back those 2 keys than to try find him, catch him in the act and to report on steamrep which will take months to process =_=

EDIT: steamrep = severely understaffed, and backlogs are a few months and they essentially refuse to do anything about it really :l

Thank you for the advice.

Archived