Decent way to make profit?

kajzer

hey, this is my first post so please don't hate. 

I started trading 3-4 months ago, and now i have 1 key and some painted items. Is there some way to make decent profit (more than 3-4 refs per trade)?

Before i just bought some painted hats and sold them for higher price. Sorry if my grammar is bad.

Abusing tf2 gambling site pricing bugs, and csgo gambling site dota 2  item pricing bugs, market manipulation, backpack premium search trades, quickswitch and gambling are all efective methods.

All other profit methods require more capital

2 hours ago, kajzer said:

Is there some way to make decent profit (more than 3-4 refs per trade)?

Trade more valuable items. When you have more capital to invest, you have more potential profit margins  and growth. As such, starting with nothing and trying to build up from there just leads to incredibly slow and tedious growth. This is why practically everyone suggests giving an initial investment from trading (8-10 keys minimum, 12-16 suggested, 18-20 best) rather than going scrap to unusual.

Look at it this way, it took you 4 months to earn the equivalent of an hour's worth of work at minimum wage. Was that worth it?

btw, buying good fabricators for 1 scrap is worth? i bought specialized killstreak scottish resistance for 1 scrap and i could make profit from it

In my experience, the profit you get from flipping painted cosmetics has too many factors to be considered decent profit. Sure, the item has a valuable, sought-after paint on it, but is it a good item? Is it a craft cosmetic? Fighting against bots to sell painted cosmetics for decent profit is frustrating when they sell the same item with the same paint for less refined than you, and thus you're stuck with an item you can't trade into currency, for fear of losing profit. Trading painted cosmetics should be more of a side gig; if you take Scott's advice and trade more valuable items by investing more into capital, you'll be making more profit at a faster rate.

• 2 weeks later...

What I started out doing is that since some scrap.tf prices are outdated, (selling for lower than what bots are here are paying), I'd buy stuff on scrap then sell on backpack.tf to bots who paid more

>inb4 too hard to understand

10 hours ago, DietSquid said:

What I started out doing is that since some scrap.tf prices are outdated, (selling for lower than what bots are here are paying), I'd buy stuff on scrap then sell on backpack.tf to bots who paid more

>inb4 too hard to understand

Not too hard to understand and much better than literally gambling.

Archived