Help new players with price suggestions not hate them for it

Helpnothate

So I am doing because of people being as you can say being a jerk. 

There should be a way to teach newer players about suggesting a price on backpack.tf on their item. An example is to take an unusual with an outdated price of 15 keys and Someone buys that hat for 12 keys. So being a new player(still an example) that player suggests it as 12 keys. All of a sudden the other members of the site start to harass the new player saying take this down and you can't suggest this also saying it should be this price TAKE IT DOWN.

I know there are the rules but for a newer player most likely they are just trying to change a price that they think okay and when someone tells them to read the rules. They see the rules and then don't read it and leave the site. We should help these players out not attack them for making a bad suggestion. I see in the comments on others suggestions that they need to do a mini. I have read the rules about a mini and I still don't know what a mini is. The rules don't help anyone. They seem to be outdated in how they are laid out. 

Another idea I had for backpack.tf to do was to make tutorials on doing things on their site and youtube is a great platform on giving tutorials. There are videos on how to make a suggestion but thats its. There isn't really much on how to use the site and what everything does. Marketplace.tf has more of a helpful vibe to it unlike backpack.tf There are videos explaining how to use the site. So maybe if there was more effort put in, this site could be more user friendly. (I don't care if I get banned for posting this, but I do get banned my point has been made about backpack.tf not being user friendly)

It's a bunch more than just that one it looks like https://backpack.tf/vote?creator=76561198065784290&state=0,1,2 .

At @Helpnothate, a mini is just a proving that an outdated item within your suggestion is worth a certain amount now, rather than whatever it was priced at in the past (Values change, so have to acknowledge the possibility the outdated item's value has changed). It seems the other big thing that people were commenting on your suggestions was looking at other sales, to price an item you also have to take into account other sales on it that are in-date, not just your sale/purchase.   Any other things that you want to ask?

Quick flip through your past suggestions all show one big trend: A lack of evidence. When you make suggestions, you need evidence of multiple transactions of that item at that price/range. A single sale doesn't work because you can't determine if it was a quicksell or an outlier without other sales to compare it against.

Also, minor peeve here, but the word is paid, not payed. You're buying an item, not sealing a ship's hull to prevent leakage.

Archived