Likelihood of a Chemistry set to drop?

DiscoDonuts

0.0%

They stopped dropping years ago. When they did drop, the odds for the collectors kits were about the same as a salvaged crate and the ones for strangifiers were about the same as a hat drop.

This is the only thing I see that might imply they still drop..."Chemistry Set drops do not add to the total cap of items a player can obtain each week, and are simply a bonus that drops alongside items of the normal drop system."

Undocumented that they stopped dropping, but wiki does imply it's still possible.

I was also under the impression it(some) still drop

[...not that I had high hopes after 2k+ hours has given me: 1 craft hat, 1 description tag and (I think)1 Color No.234567654?]

I still remember back when the mann co select crates dropped I managed to get 2 in one week. Not worth as much as the other salvaged crates but shit I shoulda bought some lottery tickets that week...

They do in fact not drop any more, despite what the wiki says. Backpack analysis shows that they stopped dropping mid 2014, about 8 months give or take after they were first introduced.

Archived