Best crate to un-crate?

MajorNZ

So I have six normal keys as of now, and am having a tough time deciding which crate I should un-crate. I was wanting to know if there was one that would give me a good outcome even if I don't unbox an unusual. And no, I am not going to search far and wide just to get a reserve or salvaged crate. Would rather want normal crates.

Thanks.

I know, I read that. There is no proof there, just data that shows a correlation exists and two hypotheses (and one dismissed) that could explain that correlation.

"data that shows a correlation exists" = proof.

While I would agree that we cannot yet be certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that crate series # directly correlates to old vs. new effects, I think we have quite a bit of convincing evidence that points to such a trend.

It seems like there's a higher chance of 1st-gen unusuals, but that has never been proven.

:) That's exactly what I was trying to say with this post. Maybe I worded it a bit poorly.

#20 Every time. On average you only lose ~3 ref every crate. That means, that theoretically if you unboxed 100 crates, the unusual would only have to be ~3 buds to brake even.

:) That's exactly what I was trying to say with this post. Maybe I worded it a bit poorly.

I just feel that between many unboxers' first hand experience and that TF2Finance data, we can be nearly certain that crate series # plays some sort of role in Unusual effect unboxing rates.

Mate, I am going to give you the same advice my friend gave me:

No matter what crate you unbox, 9 out of ten times, you are going to be disappointed. Opening crates in the hopes of unusuals is a serious gamble, and by far one of the worst ways you can make money. Take those keys, invest in some stranges, and don't look back.

Archived