I can't login to my Steam Mobile App, too many failed login attempts from my network.

Crescendo

I've already messaged Steam Support about this but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has had this problem before.

I logged out of my Steam Mobile App the other day, and I tried re-logging in, but I didn't remember my password. I tried inputting a bunch of passwords that I thought was the correct password, but nothing worked, and then the login told me that there were too many failed login attempts on my network. I waited a while, tried logging in with what I believe is the correct password, still nothing. I waited a whole day, tried it again, and nothing. I've heard you have to wait a week for the lockout to pass, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

The biggest problem with this is that it's the mobile app, so that means I don't have access to my Authenticator, and that means I can't confirm trades. I dunno what to do, and I figured I'd ask if anyone here has experienced something similar, and if you have, how did you deal with it? Any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you so much.

Last time i had this happen (on pc) i was locked out for an hour. It worked after an hour of not trying.

Not sure why you’re locked out for so long 

13 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Last time i had this happen (on pc) i was locked out for an hour. It worked after an hour of not trying.

Not sure why you’re locked out for so long 

Yeah I dunno if it's different for the mobile app, but I still couldn't log on after a full day of waiting. I just really don't know what to do, I can't physically trade without my Authenticator, and I don't want to use a VPN to bypass the lock because I have to switch the Authenticator to that VPN, and takes a while for the Authenticator hold to pass, and then I can start trading again.

• 2 months later...

Can it be because other users or programs might have your details and attempted to login to your account which trigger the lock system? Or was it that you inputted the password too much incorrectly? New Bug?!

Archived