Is Steam Inventory Helper safe now?

pepedox

I'd assume no. I tried using it in a second browser for quite a while after the initial dumb shit. But malwarebytes and windows defender kept flagging the files it was saving, as malicious. Malwarebytes even regularly blocked it from sending my info to a fishy looking website. Even running in a seperate browser from my main one, with all syncing off, it was still collecting ALL internet usage data from my computer, not just what THEY said they were collecting. The documents had my logins for websites that I only used in my main browser.

I would say it is probably still unsafe, I deleted it and haven't had anymore flags or malicious outgoing connections.

1 hour ago, pepedox said:

title

never was 'safe'. any time you allow a 3rd party to access your inventory and send/receive info it isn't safe. i looked into using it and found several users that had been 'hacked', including a close friend. wouldn't advise using it. no. easier just to drag and drop.

If you're looking for something that does about the same without the spyware, check out Steam Economy Enhancer, I've been using it since they Steam inventory helper was spyware and it works as a great replacement.  

its not safe.a couple years ago,it apparently had a virus that was a spyware which allowed it to ssteal steam's personal details such as id and password. bp.tf made a warning post to uninstall it and ever use it again.it was a very good program but sad its not anymore

Archived