i need help with a question

SOLDIER MAIN

So i was trading with someone about 1 week ago and i was scammed but i was not aware of this until later that day, and the way it happened was i was trying to sell my unusual (white steaming football helmet) for 9 keys pure of item over of 10-11 keys so i got an invite to a trade and a guy offered his strange festivized medi gun and he asked me to price check the item so i did and i didnt know the differnce between festivie and festivized so i got the price 10 keys for the festivie one not the 5 ref his item was. so i traded for the item and tried to sell to a guy for 8-9 keys and i wanted to get quick pure and he accept trade but didnt confirm it and thought i was a scammer because i did not know the price of the item and instead of trying to explain he just reported me as a scammer on steam rep. I just wannted to ask if this matter or not and if i will effect my trading career having one negative comment on my steam rep.

Am I getting this right? You were scammed with a festivized medigun. However, instead of just reporting the scammer on SR and taking the loss you went out and attempted to scam others with it? Sorry, but those -Trusts are legit and you should have a SR ban as well. Just because you were scammed doesn't mean you can scam people too. 

i didnt try and scam people i didnt know the price of the item i was under the idea it was 10 keys and tried to sell then went i went to bp.tf i saw the the 2 scam reports and look at the price of the item in my backpack and the relised i got scammed

6 hours ago, Mr Mundy said:

Am I getting this right? You were scammed with a festivized medigun. However, instead of just reporting the scammer on SR and taking the loss you went out and attempted to scam others with it? Sorry, but those -Trusts are legit and you should have a SR ban as well. Just because you were scammed doesn't mean you can scam people too. 

6 hours ago, Zoinks said:

Just because you got scammed does not mean you can go out and use the same scam technique on other people. It won’t help you in any way and that guy was right for reporting you.

Edit: There is also not one but two people who left a -trust on your backpack for using the festivized medigun. So yes, you’d be considered a scammer.

Hold up a moment; he's saying he only realized the difference between festive and festivized after he was reported.

Which is...plausible.  If you price check an item before buying it and think it's 10 keys, there's no obvious reason to price check it again after trading for it, so it's not an outlandish claim that he didn't immediately realize what had happened--especially considering low TF2 hours and bp value.  If what he says is true, he's the victim here and doesn't deserve those -trusts.

Soldier Main, here's what I'd do if I were you:

You don't want to just leave those -trusts there if you intend on trading.  Go to the -trusts on your profile and click the orange flag in the upper right corner to report them, and provide a brief explanation of what happened.  This will bring the situation to the mods' attention, and let them decide if they should stay.  It might be helpful to provide screenshots of your trade history from Steam showing you trading the Football Helmet for the medi gun.  Your compare links seem to show that you were indeed scammed, though a screenshot of your trade history would be better.

Scammer's compare link, and your compare link: (I'm guessing you bought the Football Helmet with pure and then traded it for the Medi Gun within a day, so the Helmet doesn't show up)

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198873749827#!/compare/1546646400/1546732800

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198876900238#!/compare/1546646400/1546732800

That would show that you honestly believed the item was worth 10 keys when you bought it. 

I don't know if there's any way to prove when you discovered you'd been scammed, and whether you tried to still sell it for 8-9 keys after finding out...which is unfortunate, because that's the important part.

Anyways, flag the -trusts, provide an explanation, and let the mods decide.

2 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

Hold up a moment; he's saying he only realized the difference between festive and festivized after he was reported.

Which is...plausible.  If you price check an item before buying it and think it's 10 keys, there's no obvious reason to price check it again after trading for it, so it's not an outlandish claim that he didn't immediately realize what had happened--especially considering low TF2 hours and bp value.  If what he says is true, he's the victim here and doesn't deserve those -trusts.

You don't want to just leave those -trusts there if you intend on trading.  Go to the -trusts on your profile and click the orange flag in the upper right corner to report them, and provide a brief explanation of what happened.  This will bring the situation to the mods' attention, and let them decide if they should stay.  It might be helpful to provide screenshots of your trade history from Steam showing you trading the Football Helmet for the medi gun.  Your compare links seem to show that you were indeed scammed, though a screenshot of your trade history would be better.

Scammer's compare link, and your compare link: (I'm guessing you bought the Football Helmet with pure and then traded it for the Medi Gun within a day, so the Helmet doesn't show up)

That would show that you honestly believed the item was worth 10 keys when you bought it. 

I don't know if there's any way to prove when you discovered you'd been scammed, and whether you tried to still sell it for 8-9 keys after finding out...which is unfortunate, because that's the important part.

ok thanks man i didnt even know that was a thing you could do. i just hoped it works

18 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

I have just sent the reports in now hopfull they work.

Archived