Mp.tf vs. Steam community market

Joeg

Occurred to me recently that you because keys are so cheap on mp.tf, you can buy them there, and sell them on the scm for a decent amount more than you paid, getting you around 30p "profit" per key or something. Not really a money generator, but it's a much better way of filling up your steam wallet

SCM funds are similar to buying a gift card for a store. It stops being actual money and it turns into credit that you can spend in a certain store.

Obviously, the actual cash you get from mp.tf is going to be more valued as you can spend it on whatever you want.

The title was probably a bit misleading. All I'm saying is that if you wanted to fill up your steam wallet, it is now cheaper to buy keys off mp.tf, as they are so low atm, and resell them on the scm for steam wallet funds, as opposed to just adding funds to your steam wallet with a card

I personally wouldn't sell keys on the market unless you're on a time constraint. If you're a trader and know the markets there are better ways to get funds. With the items I sell on the market I get around $2.48 per each key spent (I could buy a key and still have ~$0.25 to spare).

14 minutes ago, Julia said:

I personally wouldn't sell keys on the market unless you're on a time constraint. If you're a trader and know the markets there are better ways to get funds. With the items I sell on the market I get around $2.48 per each key spent (I could buy a key and still have ~$0.25 to spare).

Yeah of course, there are much better and more in depth ways of getting more $ for your key. But in a pinch, you're saving yourself some money with this method

mp.tf keys have been cheaper, in comparison to steam funds per key sold, for a long time; it's just a more noticeable difference recently. I've been getting scm funds this way for quite a while now, for when I want to snipe any good deals I spot on scm.

Now isint even a good time to resell keys on community market since other people are also selling lower because the sale is coming.

youll need to wait for the sale to pass for better value

8 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Dont forget the 25% commision that you will be paying overall. 10% to mp.tf and then another 15% to scm.

1) MP seller would be paying 10% fee; 2) SCM fee is more like 13% because 15% is calculated from the amount that seller is getting.

Archived