When you accidentally scam yourself.

Vipa

So me being an idiot after negotiating a trade put a CV Shellmet in the trade window instead of a PE one. Feels bad when you can only blame yourself, admitted I was distracted, and an Idiot. Hopefully, he swaps stuff but oh well. What should you do when you scam yourself?

possibelscam22-min (2).jpg

possibelscam2-min (2).jpg

I ment to trade a PE shell met CM festive and 60 tod but I put in the CV shellment instead of the PE shellment for a burning deep cover. Basically I replaced a 130 unusual with a 250 key unusual in the trade window

could you say the full sentence instead of acronyms like what is cv or cm?in this case,you can still report the user for not honoring his agreement.this is still your fault and he may not actually get banned.the reason for that is because it was YOU who sent the trade offer and YOU put the wrong item.

1 hour ago, Diamond jozu said:

could you say the full sentence instead of acronyms like what is cv or cm?in this case,you can still report the user for not honoring his agreement.this is still your fault and he may not actually get banned.the reason for that is because it was YOU who sent the trade offer and YOU put the wrong item.

54 minutes ago, Zoinks said:

First, this should be in Team Fortress 2 Discussions, not General. Second, you didn't say the particle names, so I'm kind of lost. Anyway, it was your mistake, that's all.

Chiroptera Venenata = CV (Green bat)

Cloudy Moon = CM

Purple Energy = PE

As long as there is a trade agreement I believe this is reportable. The same thing happened with Bobsplosion a few years back (he added a RA Beak instead of his PE). Anyways, it's pretty scummy to take advantage of a situation like that.

38 minutes ago, Julia said:

As long as there is a trade agreement I believe this is reportable. The same thing happened with Bobsplosion a few years back (he added a RA Beak instead of his PE). Anyways, it's pretty scummy to take advantage of a situation like that.

whats ra 

8 hours ago, Zoinks said:

First, this should be in Team Fortress 2 Discussions, not General. Second, you didn't say the particle names, so I'm kind of lost. Anyway, it was your mistake, that's all.

Sorry, how do I move the thread?

5 hours ago, Julia said:

I submitted a report thanks, honestly I'm more mad at myself for being careless, but I've had a similar experience being in his end and I've swapped the items when mistakes are made I wish he would do the same.

ok well its much clearer.i had a friend of mine who was in this situation except he was the ACCUSED and NOT the victim.he was reported but didn't receive a punishment but only had an untrust

18 hours ago, Vipa said:

I ment to trade a PE shell met CM festive and 60 tod but I put in the CV shellment instead of the PE shellment for a burning deep cover. Basically I replaced a 130 unusual with a 250 key unusual in the trade window

If this had happened to me, I would definitely wouldn't pay as many people as I could 10 ref each or something to add him and ask about the Shellmet, and be like "Hey!  I've been looking for a Shellmet for a while now, it's my favorite hat and I've decided to go all out and buy the nicest one I can find", and then ask to see it in-game, and then be like "Hmm, that effect looks nice, but I'm really looking for little more of a classic effect, maybe a first gen.  I think that would go well on the hat.  Maybe a Burning Flames, or an Energy?  Too bad you don't have one of those, I'd totally have overpaid in pure for it.  Oh, well.  Thanks anyway!"

5 hours ago, humann said:

take a look

i would not use that with this case.merendas gave them all and didnt put anything else in the trade.also merendas didnt have a single agreement while in this case an agreement is shown

We're all prone to mistakes at some point, but it's kind of shitty he took advantage of that. He even sold it as quickly as he could afterwards: https://backpack.tf/item/6319860505.

I actually had someone send me an offer of 160 keys a month or two back, with nothing on my side, first time I had something like that but I counter-offered with what I think they were offering for and they accepted. Would have been way too dirty to just accept 160 free keys from a human error.

Archived