What do you do when in TF2

Adolf Storms

So I've noticed some asinine comments on forums and backpack suggestions saying things like "Who even actually plays TF2 anymore" and things of that nature. Now I follow trading, suggestions, youtubers, forums, etc and all things TF2, but I wonder how many people spend what lengths of time doing what. For instance, on average, I spend about 40 ish hours every 2 weeks in TF2 and about 90% is spent playing with friends and family in pubs and a few community servers that host valve maps in rotations. 5% MVM and about 5% of that (maybe 30 minutes every 2 weeks at max) i get rooked into helping out a friend do a risky trade or something they need advice on, on a trade server. But I wonder from comments like the aforementioned if I'm the odd duck or wether the people that say those things are the odd man out. Do people who follow suggestions and post in forums truly not play the game? This seems so bizarre to me. I'd really like to know honestly. I mean trading is a nice side-line to get the things you want, but if you don't play the game actually what would be the point ??

Would love to hear some intelligent comments... keep the satire to a minimum plz. I know your mom tells you you're funny, I just don't think I care to hear your humour :P (and pretty sure she means you're funny lookin not funny ha-ha)

Well, I mean, there’s going to be periods of time when you’re going to be bored of playing the game itself. Trading is just something refreshing you can turn to whenever those times hit.

I mainly do the trade servers,a lot of friends are there so it's fun playing with them.Also enjoy looking at other peoples sets,gives me ideas.Trading is a small part of it i think.I rarely come to the forums.

I just play/practice and think about set ideas to go around a specific hat. Where's the fun in trading if you're not going to at least enjoy how you look like while getting kills?

15 minutes ago, Mokky said:

Make a party with some friends and beat the stuffing out of the enemy team in casual

Yeah, i can really only find tf2 enjoyable with a party of friends now

I usually don't play TF2 unless during events or mvm, don't care for trading items because I wear a gibus and professor speks anyway so I treat trading as separate thing.

Havent played a single comp game nor any missions or barely even anything. Dont know the main maps, have only played like 4 games mvm and tradedervers. But most of all I trade cuz I find that the most fun!

I’ve come so far with trading that it’s officially become boring to me. I’ve got everything that I really want for the most part, save for a couple of things here and there. Now I just play in trade servers and do MvM most of the time.

I like changing up which classes or weapons I use. Mostly I play in pubs, community servers, and occasionally MGE if I'm in the mood. Pretty much only stock maps, I don't really enjoy MVM or trade servers. I love to screw around in pubs doing crazy things like walking up to people with a wrench when they wouldn't expect it, or sticky jumping around the enemy team's spawn so that half their team is chasing after me, going pistol-only Engineer and having 2 other skilled players join me AND actually being effective, I started a compilation of people who get salty over being taunted.

There's so much you can do in this game if you're ever feeling bored. Even after playing the game for 6 years it still makes me laugh, and I really would not be playing this game for as long as I have if it weren't for its variety, humor, and gameplay.

My daily routine:

1 Casual match (warmup)

Community trade servers with friends

Idle servers with friends

Wacky maps with friends

TF2 isn't dead lmao

Nowadays having fun on casual with few friends premade, miss good old days of big community servers with random maps (like SKIAL had long time ago). Sometime ocasionally MGE, but kinda rare. Sometimes just chill on jump servers. Gotta say, that in like 3,5k hours of tf2 (clean ones without idling, did that on alt accs those days) never was into trade servers.
The reason of having fun only with friends on casual is because of habits of those who play pubs (like no reason kick votes, other cancerous stuff). 
And, honestly, casual now is always such premade vs. premade, still, at least playable. So ye, if i play tf2 - i still play good old tf2, i guess.
So, ye, as Julia said:

9 hours ago, Julia said:

Even after playing the game for 6 years it still makes me laugh, and I really would not be playing this game for as long as I have if it weren't for its variety, humor, and gameplay.

So far looks like a lot of you play the game. Guess those annoying fucks that say TF2 is only for traders, idlers, and bots are morons after all lol

Thanks to everyone for confirming my suspicions that people who follow things tf2 like forums, suggestions, etc still play the game vigorously :) 

Every Friday's I unbox (except on special occasions; Halloween, X-Mas) then edit and send to YouTube.

Mostly, listen to soap dramas on trade servers, but sometimes play on casual, fun or contracts.

I just join a casual server and try to enjoy it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. All my friends who played tf2 left so I'm pretty much always alone playing.

Playing everyday, mainly on a 24/7 Turbine with friends. As for trading I just want to achieve an unusual das Gutenkutteharen for my medic, and that's it.

Archived