Price check on a strange unusual please

spaceboy

I'm hoping I got lucky picking this up.

It's a Strange Unusual Trash Man (Cloud 9) with the following parts or stats listed:

Points scored: 0
Kills: 0
Fires survived: 4

Backpack says the non-strange version is 16-18 keys.  There are no sell orders and the only buy order for the non-strange is 11.5 keys. 

So, not much to work with there. I'm very new to unusual trading so I don't have a clue how much the strange quality adds to an unusual.  Any help is appreciated, and also any advice on price experimentation is welcome too, i.e., is it good/ok to try an unlikely high price for a few days or a week before coming down to the likely range, to try and find that targeted buyer who desperately wants the hat and also has a fat wallet? 

For example, if everyone here says the max is likely 20 keys, would it be reasonable to spend a week trying for 30, and what about setting a high price on one of the cash markets first before falling back to keys? 

Any help is appreciated.

Ah, what a bummer!  :(  OK, well, I may end up taking a loss then, but that's ok.  It was a gamble.  I'll try selling high at first  and maybe I'll get lucky.

One thing to realize is that the Trash Man has strangifiers, so being strange isn't as valued on that hat as it would be on one that can be only unboxed as strange.

11 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

One thing to realize is that the Trash Man has strangifiers, so being strange isn't as valued on that hat as it would be on one that can be only unboxed as strange.

Oh ok, that makes sense.

well like what scott said,since the hat has a strangifier,it wont add the value much.

however,i see one seller for the strangifier at 5 keys but no buyers.you can raise the price a bit more than usual since the strangifier has some value unlike others like big chief/private eye, etc..

The strange quality doesn't really add much value here (if anything at all) given how the hat has a strangifier, strange and strange-unusual aren't priced seperately either because of this. I'd say 14-15 keys. 

Archived