Premium Trial

☿ Villagentè ☿

As we all know , to get premium you have to pay 3keys for 1month // 5keys for 2 months and so on.

But people who never had premium before,have no idea if that 3keys worth it or not.

So I suggest to give to all users the possibility to enable Premium for 10 minutes so they can test it out. Of course with some restrictions to avoid sharking. (thro premium search)

PS: The trial can be activated only once.

Thank you and have a wonderful day :)

What is the point of having Premium for 10 minutes? The 2 top perks of it are doubled classified listings and 30 minute auto bump. You would not experience that in 10 minutes. If you are blocking Premium search for the trial then what is even the point of the trial? Premium is 100% worth it, just don't be a moron and spend your only 3-5 keys on it.

Four things (maybe more, but that's what I remember right now) you get with Premium; 30 min bumps, double listings, search access and deals access.

1. 10 mins doesn't really help with 30 min bumps.

2. The 10 mins would probably be up before you were able to use all your new listings.

3. You can do a lot of searching in 10 mins.

4. You can look through a lot of deals in 10 mins.

So you can only use the last two.

Anyone can use Premium search to find anything, you just can't see the owner if you don't have Premium. So use the search to see if what you want exists, and if you really want it, it should be worth it to someone to pay to see the owner (you got to use it first without paying for it).

The deals classified, I mean, yeah you can see what kind of deals are out there in that moment, so maybe having a free 10 min preview would help you decide if it is worth paying for or not, but that seems like it would be easier to just post and ask others that do have access, "Is the deals classified worth it?".

7 hours ago, ThePickleCat said:

What is the point of having Premium for 10 minutes? The 2 top perks of it are doubled classified listings and 30 minute auto bump. You would not experience that in 10 minutes. If you are blocking Premium search for the trial then what is even the point of the trial? Premium is 100% worth it, just don't be a moron and spend your only 3-5 keys on it.

2 hours ago, 42isTooShort said:

Four things (maybe more, but that's what I remember right now) you get with Premium; 30 min bumps, double listings, search access and deals access.

1. 10 mins doesn't really help with 30 min bumps.

2. The 10 mins would probably be up before you were able to use all your new listings.

3. You can do a lot of searching in 10 mins.

4. You can look through a lot of deals in 10 mins.

So you can only use the last two.

Anyone can use Premium search to find anything, you just can't see the owner if you don't have Premium. So use the search to see if what you want exists, and if you really want it, it should be worth it to someone to pay to see the owner (you got to use it first without paying for it).

The deals classified, I mean, yeah you can see what kind of deals are out there in that moment, so maybe having a free 10 min preview would help you decide if it is worth paying for or not, but that seems like it would be easier to just post and ask others that do have access, "Is the deals classified worth it?".

So maybe a 1 day trial with a low amount of ref fee? Like 5ref for 24h. So people can test it out and if they like it to buy it for longer time. 

25 minutes ago, MajesterAlpha said:

So maybe a 1 day trial with a low amount of ref fee? Like 5ref for 24h. So people can test it out and if they like it to buy it for longer time. 

Nah. People can then just keep making alts to use the powerful search feature for 5 ref whenever they need to bulk search items (e.g. when new releases come out). 

4 hours ago, LSO said:

Nah. People can then just keep making alts to use the powerful search feature for 5 ref whenever they need to bulk search items (e.g. when new releases come out). 

Agreed.

On 11/20/2018 at 1:40 PM, R3SP4WN said:

Agreed.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, LSO said:

No, if the 5ref-trial will require having more than 250 hours in TF2 to activate. 

9 minutes ago, MajesterAlpha said:

No, if the 5ref-trial will require having more than 250 hours in TF2 to activate. 

You can easily run tf2 in the background using external applications. Besides, you might as well just buy the thing, it’s not like it costs a million keys.

3 minutes ago, R3SP4WN said:

You can easily run tf2 in the background using external applications. Besides, you might as well just buy the thing, it’s not like it costs a million keys.

I got the 'thing' but a trial to see if its worth it, could be useful. Also I dont think someone will run 250 hours but if so some more requirements :

-bp value over 700ref

-steam level higher than 20

-account older than 1 year

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2018 at 8:11 AM, MajesterAlpha said:

I got the 'thing' but a trial to see if its worth it, could be useful. Also I dont think someone will run 250 hours but if so some more requirements :

-bp value over 700ref

-steam level higher than 20

-account older than 1 year

My steam level is 4 and I find this offensive

No. Just no. If you truly have any good use for premium you have enough keys to just buy it for two months. A trial is silly. The perks of it are listed clearly on the site, if you're not sure how well those perks will help you, either ask someone if it is or don't buy it. I personally found it very useful once I had around 50ish keys to have my listings on the front page and to easily check histories for price checking and such.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:02 PM, Wsdea said:

My steam level is 4 and I find this offensive

So if a website hiring new staff and they want them to be more than 18 years old and you are for example 17, you find it offensive as well? 

11 hours ago, MajesterAlpha said:

So if a website hiring new staff and they want them to be more than 18 years old and you are for example 17, you find it offensive as well? 

He's obviously joking

But like said before, all the options available with premium are listed here and a trial would just be a lot of extra work for the dev to implement and theres bugs to fix ;) . If you're unsure if its worth it you can always ask people that have it if they think its worth it / what features they find the most useful for trading/general use

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Premium listing already states all that it offers/features it gives. A trial is a simple waste of mann power and can be a financial impact on "free premium". I find it no point for a trial to be made. A nice suggestion though.

Archived