Trying to start trading

EarlyTrader

Hey everyone,

Im just posting here to ask you, experienced or non experienced traders out here and basically the tf2 community in general: is tf2 trading still profitable? 

I have put the idea in my head that I wanted to start trading, and I started doing some ressearch because i have never entered the trading community. I play this game since like 2014 but i never new trading even was a thing, I wish I knew about it in the early days when scrap to unusual was a thing, ... 

But anyways, I wanted to give it a shot. I'm willing to buy like 5 - 10 keys ( which translates into about 10 - 20€) and I wanted to ask you guys if it is worth it. I know low tier trading is fckd nowadays, but the steady decrease on the tf2 playerbase hasn't made the mid and high tier trading any better. 

I wanted to hear your profitable strategies starting at about 10 keys, cause i wanna start having a more active role in this community and get into trading in general. All of you new players out there, I hope this discussion will bring help not only to me, but to everyone with the same will as me to start trading! 

Hey EarlyTrader! I'm not really focused on making money trading, rather on finding unusual combinations that I like. Generally, I lose every trade I make when exchanging unusuals - usually by 10-15% each time.

I've had OK results trading Australiums, taunts, and various killstreak kits.

I would definitely recommend purchasing backpack.tf Premium, and donating as well - they have some very helpful perks.

Maybe consider the trading scene as another form of game, and budget to spend an amount per month that you're comfortable with. It's almost like a subscription to twitch, or cable TV, Netflix, a cellphone, etc. Just another form of entertainment.

You will learn trading lessons as you go through experiencing them. Don't be afraid of small losses, and small wins. Keep in mind the "tuition" you're paying to learn about trading isn't very much if you keep to your budget, but the entertainment value is quite high, and you will be able to apply some of these lessons (what's a good deal, when to move on from something) to other areas of your life. Enjoy!

I started from 17 trading cards about 2 months ago and i now have 150 usd backpack. But i wont recommend that path cus of the insane grind. So buying some keys and starting in unusual trading would be ur best bet cus of the fall of refined metal. Also if u can afford it, i would highly recommend bp.tf premium cus u can track sales of different items and much much more. Good luck in ur trading!

Since you have 10 keys with you to start trading. 
I'd recommend checking my guide. (you are free to look into other guides for assistance as well.) 

Archived