TF2 key price

Atomic

Alright so TF2's key price is insane and i would think that it is going to crash at any moment now. 40 ref for 1 key is an insane price and because of that people will not buy them which will make them less rare and they would be shot back down to the 10 ref value. It is kind of like the housing crash it would continue to rise until none bought anything and the price went down nearly as fast as a rocket jumping soldier and at that point everyone who owned a house, their property was ruined and it was worth nothing.

I think that the same will happen to the key situation we are facing. 

Thanks for reading 

Atomic based bs (aka Gamer)

Wrong, keys did crash like 9 months ago when tf2 team banned bot farmers. it dropped from like 37 ref to 28 ref overnight, but slowly went up ever since then, and even before the crash it rose steadily. Look at how many keys sell on marketplace.tf and scm everyday, its like 10,000 keys exchange daily. Theirs like hundreds of millions of refine metal in tf2. 

source: https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5a9438f1cf6c75092747c413

educate yourself: https://backpack.tf/vote?page=1&quality=6&item=Mann Co. Supply Crate Key&priceindex=0&tradable=1&craftable=1&state=1&unvotable=0&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=0&elevated=-1&sort=date

Now in case the OP did not understand the comment above- the key price in ref rises because the ref price is dropping constantly. The ref price, in turn, is dropping because people get more and more of it from playing the game, and getting weapon drops. So unless anything like deleting a shit ton of ref happens, the key price in ref will NOT crash all of a sudden. Please do think about how stuff works before posting bs anywhere, this is basic economy

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Alright so TF2's key price is insane and i would think that it is going to crash at any moment now. 40 ref for 1 key is an insane price and because of that people will not buy them which will make them less rare and they would be shot back down to the 10 ref value. It is kind of like the housing crash it would continue to rise until none bought anything and the price went down nearly as fast as a rocket jumping soldier and at that point everyone who owned a house, their property was ruined and it was worth nothing.

Thanks for reading 

you must be relatively new. probably should talk to some traders who have been around a while longer. keys have been on the rise for 9 years :P

more metal in game all the time because there is no 'metal sink' (means of which to take metal out of circulation) aside from crafting. You want keys to drop? get 1000's of people to once again craft hats. but then the price of craft hats will drop and you'll make some comment about that.  ... it's just a fact of life when you have premium currency that is earnable in-game. it will ebb and flow, but will mostly inflate. this topic has been done to death. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Thanks for reading 

This comment is very insane

Trying to compare the economic crisis of 2008 (which was not directly caused by housing issues, that was a symptom of bank deregulation) to tf2 keys smh.

This thread pops up every month I swear, keys have almost always had the same price of ~$1.70-$1.90 USD (depending on the time of year) and ref has always been losing value thus it costs more ref to buy keys because it's the ref losing value not the keys.

Oh god i am so happy now. This post was an idea i had to see how the .TF community would react to an idiotic post which was meant to look like a post that a new player had made. I will just say thanks to those who made a nice comment on the subject and thanks to those who made med laugh and those who were rude, maybe you should help the new player along so they can enjoy their expirence and not get shutdown 

1 hour ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Trying to compare the economic crisis of 2008 (which was not directly caused by housing issues, that was a symptom of bank deregulation) to tf2 keys smh.

This thread pops up every month I swear, keys have almost always had the same price of ~$1.70-$1.90 USD (depending on the time of year) and ref has always been losing value thus it costs more ref to buy keys because it's the ref losing value not the keys.

7 hours ago, You Mad Bruh? Esq. said:

Idk why i have this here just thought it would fit in

Well i had a nice Long reply big i kind of lost it. I am now depressed

Oh god i am so happy now. This post was an idea i had to see how the .TF community would react to an idiotic post which was meant to look like a post that a new player had made. I will just say thanks to those who made a nice comment on the subject and thanks to those who made med laugh and those who were rude, maybe you should help the new player along so they can enjoy their expirence and not get shutdown 

1 hour ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Sorry jh i just wanted a nice quote box

7 hours ago, You Mad Bruh? Esq. said:

Not one box butt two 

• Atomic locked and unlocked this topic
4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Restoration: 100

Keys are doing pretty fine as far as i can see, always around 1.70-1.90$, in game im paying 2 eur (im from Europe) always.  I really dont care how many refs i need to buy key. Economy is okay and everything will be good.  Refined price is falling thats why you need more refs to buy a key and thats all man, no reason to panic. Chill out and happy trading!   :)

Archived