Tf2 automatic Bots won’t trade with me

AceExcel

I’m trying to sell some of my items, but the bots keep saying “I failed to make the offer. Reason: Your account is suspicious and has therefore been marked..” What is this about? Is there a way to check why it says this?

1 hour ago, AceExcel said:

I’m trying to sell some of my items, but the bots keep saying “I failed to make the offer. Reason: Your account is suspicious and has therefore been marked..” What is this about? Is there a way to check why it says this?

To keep the bots from trading with scammer alts (and getting banned on backpack.tf for doing so), anyone that doesn't pass all the checks needed to verify that you're not a scammer alt, get marked as "suspicious" by the tf2automatic bots.

These "suspicious" accounts then get checked by some people that do that, they add you to some type of safe list and after that you'll never have the problem again.

7 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

To keep the bots from trading with scammer alts (and getting banned on backpack.tf for doing so), anyone that doesn't pass all the checks needed to verify that you're not a scammer alt, get marked as "suspicious" by the tf2automatic bots.

These "suspicious" accounts then get checked by some people that do that, they add you to some type of safe list and after that you'll never have the problem again.

As zeus said, it is to prevent the bots from trading with obvious scammer alts. I've made a script to detect these accounts, but it is also catching good accounts (like yourse). There are people who review all reports by the script to ensure that everything is good.

I've updated the message that you will receive when you have been marked to make it less confusing.

Archived