Tony Abbott destroying the Great Barrier Reef

♠Derpeh♤

http://greensmps.org.au/content/media-releases/abbott-approves-world’s-largest-coal-port-great-barrier-reef

Tl;dr Derpy Tony approves dumping of coal/sludge right next to one of the seven natural wonders of the world. World heritage is pissed and so are a lot of environmentalists.

Discuss

#starting a debate for awesome :DDDD

Edit:

updated link http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2014/jan/31/great-barrier-reef-australia-dredging-abbot-point-coal-export

How is this not bigger news and why hasn't he been thrown out of office? Great Barrier Reef, HELLO. One need not be an environmentalist to understand this.

Wait so if the coal industry is slowing down, why are expansions underway?

Part of the approval is CSG plant. CSG and LNG are growing industries in Queensland.

Derpeh, I've got to be honest here: I stopped reading when I saw who the publisher was.

I read it in the paper a while back (smh) and only linked the first 2 links i found on google since awesome wanted a debate.

I asked my dad (Business consultant to mining companies) about this 'issue'. According to him, the environmental group or whatever it is that protects the Reef analysed the risks of dumping at the proposed site and declared it non-threatening.

If this is correct, then it is just the Green's shit stirring thats causing this.

I asked my dad (Business consultant to mining companies) about this 'issue'. According to him, the environmental group or whatever it is that protects the Reef analysed the risks of dumping at the proposed site and declared it non-threatening.

If this is correct, then it is just the Green's shit stirring thats causing this.

That's what I figured ;P

Archived