I've been scammed like an idiot and now i need help

Karen

Here is my steam support ticket and i am looking for any advice or help in this form thank you for your replies before anything

Hey, I have been scammed even if it was mostly my fault and i want to get my item back so this guy told https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198165914 he wanted to check my item was ok to trade in this https://bitskins.com site and i've tried with a little item i traded the item with the site and item came back as a trade offer but when i did this with the unusual item didn't come back and same guy blocked me help me please

Steam Support sadly do not return traded away items. The best they can do is trade ban the scammer, but they will not return items since you were still responsible for accepting the trade. Though in the future if anyone says they need to "verify" or "check" your item through trading, that's mostly a scammer. Steam Support do not care if an item is duped and they will never ask users to "check" items (if the scammer started saying stuff related to contacting a steam admin).

50 minutes ago, ItzPoppy said:

Steam Support sadly do not return traded away items. The best they can do is trade ban the scammer, but they will not return items since you were still responsible for accepting the trade. Though in the future if anyone says they need to "verify" or "check" your item through trading, that's mostly a scammer. Steam Support do not care if an item is duped and they will never ask users to "check" items (if the scammer started saying stuff related to contacting a steam admin).

Seriously why do people even say “scammers can get traded banned” this happens less than once in a blue moon and it’s always because they broke steam code by working with gambling websites or doing fishy cash trades. No one should EVER file a steam report, it takes a week for them just to respond to their ticket a and they won’t do jack to ban a scammer.

58 minutes ago, R3SP4WN said:

Seriously why do people even say “scammers can get traded banned” this happens less than once in a blue moon and it’s always because they broke steam code by working with gambling websites or doing fishy cash trades. No one should EVER file a steam report, it takes a week for them just to respond to their ticket a and they won’t do jack to ban a scammer.

That's why I said trade ban is the only best that Steam Support do. Steam Support don't seem to care if people get scammed; even if a scammer hijacked a victim's account to steal items, steam support will do nothing about it. It doesn't really make sense in my opinion also why they would trade ban scammers but at the same time let them keep the items they scammed, since this is what will just result in scammers simply making alt accounts to evade the trade ban.

I don't even understand the logic behind this. I heard somewhere Steam Support do not return traded items because apparently it can result in 'scammers selling it to innocent people', yet if the scammer is trade banned, they can't sell or trade the scammed items to someone else.

1 hour ago, R3SP4WN said:

I didnt say that

I fell for the same thing but managed go get my unusual back because i had some keys and said id to the keys and unusual if i got my unusual back bc 'its buggy' 

• Karen locked this topic

Archived