is this site legit?

joe

some guy I know had a backpack that was worth around 60 dollars one day, then it raised to like 180

(see here: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198182456374 )

so what i thought happened was that the guy had maybe scammed a kiddo or 2, so i decided to check the histories of his hats

turns out he had traded with a scammer 

(long story short, told him that he was probably going to be banned for trading with a scammer, but then I realized the trade has to be over 14 keys)

the guy says that he got his stuff off of some site called tf2hunt(gambling website)

I feel really stupid asking this, but I'm really tempted to use it, is this site legit?

3 minutes ago, ThePickleCat said:

Gambling with scammers is the same as trading with scammers.

can't believe I actually forgot that you could be banned for gambling with scammers 

agh

23 minutes ago, Nesquik Nibba™️ (✓) said:

I don't even use gambling sites and there are a very small amount of sites that are legit. I wouldn't bother.

well for one thing im sure is that you use that site

tf2hunt is a legit gambling site but its not 100% safe.

for example:if you gamble and win,a small chance would happen that you cant get your items back because the bot got trade banned by valve and you wont actually get your items back.it happened once and i quit from that sshit

My personal view is that you stand to lose off of all gambling sites, because you will never have a 50% chance or higher to win, because the house always wins. So yeah in my opinion all gambling sites are essentially scams, also there's nothing to say that the information you login with is secure and like even if they say they can guarantee the security of it, as someone who used to be a little spooky, I know that the security of users data is often not a priority for sites like this. One of the requirements of the SteamRep affiliate program is that they have no ties to gambling sites, and with good reason, and I think SteamRep tends to be a pretty good marker in terms of whats safe and what isn't. If you wanna take a risk, go on the Vatican and take a beefy spycrab.

5 hours ago, Ninjah said:

My personal view is that you stand to lose off of all gambling sites, because you will never have a 50% chance or higher to win, because the house always wins. So yeah in my opinion all gambling sites are essentially scams, also there's nothing to say that the information you login with is secure and like even if they say they can guarantee the security of it, as someone who used to be a little spooky, I know that the security of users data is often not a priority for sites like this. One of the requirements of the SteamRep affiliate program is that they have no ties to gambling sites, and with good reason, and I think SteamRep tends to be a pretty good marker in terms of whats safe and what isn't. If you wanna take a risk, go on the Vatican and take a beefy spycrab.

Not sure what you mean by the 50% chance

Tf2hunt had three security breaches already so they don't care about it at all

I mean if you want to know if it's a hijacking site or not, then yeah it's safe, but it's still another shady gambling site with no regard for the site users.

DO NOT USE/SUPPORT TF2 GAMBLING SITES, PERIOD.

Yes, TF2Hunt is legit & you can be banned for "trading with scammers" but just because it's legit doesn't mean you should try it. Not worth the risk of being banned just for measly scrap profit. Besides if tf2 gambling increases, Valve will consider doing something that may impact the economy (no 7 day untradable items thanks) & nonetheless, is still a shady site that puts its user at a lot of risk. As some mentioned, their bots can get trade banned so no guarantee you'll get your items back. Security isn't even one of their strong points, I know of some security breaches yet I don't know if they put in effort to prevent them.

The risk heavily outweighs the reward, don't support such unregulated gambling.

2 hours ago, ǍгᴄᴀɴД.t✖t said:

Yes, TF2Hunt is legit & you can be banned for "trading with scammers" but just because it's legit doesn't mean you should try it. Not worth the risk of being banned just for measly scrap profit. Besides if tf2 gambling increases, Valve will consider doing something that may impact the economy (no 7 day untradable items thanks) & nonetheless, is still a shady site that puts its user at a lot of risk. As some mentioned, their bots can get trade banned so no guarantee you'll get your items back. Security isn't even one of their strong points, I know of some security breaches yet I don't know if they put in effort to prevent them.

Listen to him/her WISEEEE

6 hours ago, ǍгᴄᴀɴД.t✖t said:

I totally agree, and don't understand why these sites get so much traction considering how shady the entire business is.

Archived