What Golden Opportunities did people have in the past that would make this rich now?

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

What things could people have done in the past that would make them super rich now?

Mac & Linux Updates

If someone were to make like 100 accounts during the Mac Update and get a bud for each account, they'd be pretty rich. Also with the Linux update, but Tuxes aren't as much.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Promotion

If someone were to buy the game during the promo time (I don't know how much it was, probably $59.99 though) they'd have like $160 worth of items. (Max: $120, Big Kill: $25, V. Luger: $15) Let's say they did that a bunch of times (on multiple accounts of course), well, they'd be pretty damn rich and make a lot more money then they would lose buying the game.

Ref -> Key Trading Investment

Cash out all your ref for keys, then wait for the price to go up, cause it always will.

Smissmass Events

You know what I mean, the Holiday Coal, Snow-globe Card etc. stuff. Getting lucky with one of the rarer items (i.e. B.M.O.C., Holiday Headcase, Sack Fulla Smissmass) they'd make a fortune.

2011 Naughty Crates

Unboxing a Strange Festive in the 2011 time would make you rich right off the bat, and if you got 2 or 3 SF. Scatterguns or Rocket Launchers you'd be a fucking god right now.

This is all I can think of right atm, if you can think of anything else I'll just add it to the list.

What things could people have done in the past that would make them super rich now?

Mac & Linux Updates

If someone were to make like 100 accounts during the Mac Update and get a bud for each account, they'd be pretty rich. Also with the Linux update, but Tuxes aren't as much.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Promotion

If someone were to buy the game during the promo time (I don't know how much it was, probably $59.99 though) they'd have like $160 worth of items. (Max: $120, Big Kill: $25, V. Luger: $15) Let's say they did that a bunch of times (on multiple accounts of course), well, they'd be pretty damn rich and make a lot more money then they would lose buying the game.

Ref -> Key Trading Investment

Cash out all your ref for keys, then wait for the price to go up, cause it always will.

Smissmass Events

You know what I mean, the Holiday Coal, Snow-globe Card etc. stuff. Getting lucky with one of the rarer items (i.e. B.M.O.C., Holiday Headcase, Sack Fulla Smissmass) they'd make a fortune.

2011 Naughty Crates

Unboxing a Strange Festive in the 2011 time would make you rich right off the bat, and if you got 2 or 3 SF. Scatterguns or Rocket Launchers you'd be a fucking god right now.

This is all I can think of right atm, if you can think of anything else I'll just add it to the list.

TF2 wasn't free when earbuds were given out. 

Keys have remained at a constant USD, after the massive key devaluation ended and keys got back to $1.80 from $1.20

Keys have remained at a constant USD, after the massive key devaluation ended and keys got back to $1.80 from $1.20

Still, $19.99 for the game and a free pair of buds, that would give you a $30 profit. (Bud = 20 keys, 1 key = 2.49 x 20 = aprox $30)

Still, $19.99 for the game and a free pair of buds, that would give you a $30 profit. (Bud = 20 keys, 1 key = 2.49 x 20 = aprox $30)

Penny wise dollar dumb. You'd have to wait so long for them to be worth that. You could have invested that in something with real world liquidity.

I don't know about "rich" but I pre-ordered left for dead 2 on the 360 instead of the PC (couple of my friends had it on the 360, didn't want to be alone on the PC  :( )

all I got was a stupid in game bat (as opposed to the bills hat) that was released in the next update for free  <_<

I also bought tf2 the day before it became free  :mellow:

oh yeah, and don't forget the great steam treasure hunt!

I remember when the naughty 2011 crates came out. I was playing on my bro's account b/c I was too young to have my own computer, but I remember the sf's weren't worth jack shit. Nor were all these other things, just over time they became popular 

Earbuds were only 1 reclaimed back then. THe s.f.s were hardly a few keys. The playhouse you would profit. big kill was 1 bud, max was 3 buds, luger was I think 15 keys?

headcases were a bitch to craft.

Earbuds were only 1 reclaimed back then. THe s.f.s were hardly a few keys. The playhouse you would profit. big kill was 1 bud, max was 3 buds, luger was I think 15 keys?

headcases were a bitch to craft.

max was 5 buds. 

max was 5 buds. 

shut up coolname... my point is that, that's the only one of those options whre you woulfd've profited

I should have bought white and black paints for half off when they were on sale, they're already back up to 2 keys. ;~;

I did ;).... Mainly all i regret is not playing once on a mac for the earbuds...

AFAIK TF2 was 75% off at the time during the promotion to get earbuds, so you're basically paying $5 for buds.

Archived