Best drive <$120 AUD (HDD)

JayTuut

J25SkwT.png

These are essentially my options (from au.pcpartpicker), looking to upgrade cheaply from my 1TB steam library + old windows hard drive thats pretty much full. Used to be my C drive and is really silent and good. Just need more space.

Not sure what to go with. Toshiba is a good brand but no reviews on their cheapest one, WD has low RPM, The other toshiba is said to be loud, seagate barracuda is also said to be loud. I just want a cheap at least 2TB one thats quiet like the one I have. Any suggestions?

Suggestions?

If you're looking for something bigger, go to your nearest Walmart, buy a portable drive, install windows on it then pull the case apart, unscrew the component board below it and swap it with your 1tb or the old windows drive, They are really cheap ($120-180 For 5TB) It's a steal, I have two in my rig. I went with the Seagate brand of portable drive and it isn't load at all c: 

1 hour ago, Ursa said:

If you're looking for something bigger, go to your nearest Walmart, buy a portable drive, install windows on it then pull the case apart, unscrew the component board below it and swap it with your 1tb or the old windows drive, They are really cheap ($120-180 For 5TB) It's a steal, I have two in my rig. I went with the Seagate brand of portable drive and it isn't load at all 😄

I... I'm in Australia dohe

Archived