Telltale games soon to be shutting down

JayTuut

DnpfRXSUYAEqIkY.jpg:large

RIP.

This tweet seems to sum it up rn https://twitter.com/LaneBoatman/status/1043625671510175744

It seems they wasted money on actors / licensing so never actually made much profit, the only 2 profitable series (apparently) were TWD and the minecraft story series. The rest they lost money on.

We will not get wolf among us 2, and the final season of TWD is most likely only going to have 1 or maybe if we're lucky 2 episodes max, won't even finish the story.

They brought us memorable games such as the GOT series, TWD series, Arkham series, Poker night series, Wolf among us, tales from borderlands etc.

i would rather have valve to buy telltale workers.atleast something might be done,right?

this is rather heartbreaking.if they really are not going to finish TWD season 4,is it gonne be forever?if so,will the game be refundable?the game isnt really officially released until all episodes are out

7 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

i would rather have valve to buy telltale workers.atleast something might be done,right?

this is rather heartbreaking.if they really are not going to finish TWD season 4,is it gonne be forever?if so,will the game be refundable?the game isnt really officially released until all episodes are out

The only problem i see with valve buying telltale workers is the freedom that it would give, i assume telltale worked like most places do with defined jobs. Instead valve's freedom might hurt them more than having a defined role. Especially with how good the workers are at writing stories.

11 hours ago, Ankle Jack said:

Oh thank god  i got all the poker night 1 and 2 items

If you own the game, they'll stay anyway. But if somehow no one buys telltales rights then the games would be removed from steam, but still playable if you had previously owned them

9 hours ago, JayTee said:

If you own the game, they'll stay anyway. But if somehow no one buys telltales rights then the games would be removed from steam, but still playable if you had previously owned them

I just got the leftover games i needed from telltales xD thank god i forgot to buy them

You know, its good that they are shutting down, at first they were great but like after Tales of Borderlands or Game of thrones they literally went into a shit hole because they had actual shit writing after Borderlands or GoT. I'm sadden that Wolf Among us Season 2 is now dead. The only games Telltale made me actually have fun were (listed below).

Sam and Max: Save The World

Sam and Max: The Devil's playhouse

Walking Dead Season 1

The Wolf Among Us 

Tales of Monkey Island  

These games will be remembered in my memory because I actually did love the characters and story within these amazing games 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 8:19 AM, MrDeepDarkmind said:

You know, its good that they are shutting down, at first they were great but like after Tales of Borderlands or Game of thrones they literally went into a shit hole because they had actual shit writing after Borderlands or GoT. I'm sadden that Wolf Among us Season 2 is now dead. The only games Telltale made me actually have fun were (listed below).

Sam and Max: Save The World

Sam and Max: The Devil's playhouse

Walking Dead Season 1

The Wolf Among Us 

Tales of Monkey Island  

These games will be remembered in my memory because I actually did love the characters and story within these amazing games 

What games do you think went to shit? Season 2 and 3 of TOWD? (considering u named only season 1)

Also you didn't list a fair few. But yeah... I still need to finish season 1 of TOWD but I'm so lazy ... feelsbad.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived