Unusual weapons and where to find them

solpan

Well, I am really lost when it comes to unusual weps. Can you reference me to a guide or at least give me a basic price frame? How much are the cheapest/ most expensive ones?:thinking:

Cheapest weapons are the SMG's, being quicksold for 7-8 keys and range around 9-15 keys. Then come pistols and non primary weapons like unusual scorch shots, ubersaws and such, those are at least 14 keys with a common range of 15-20. Almost all of the primary weapons are minimum 19 keys for mercenary grades with a range of 20-50+, dependant on their skin and effect.  You can search up the market with this https://backpack.tf/classifieds?particle=703%2C701%2C702%2C70

Note that searching for "unusual" quality weapons will only give you results to old first gen weapons, you need to select the effects to see the whole market. 

Also note that the majority of weapons are way too overpriced and/or outdated. It is quite hard to sell the "better" skins for a high price without waiting months or knowing a lot of people since e.g only collectors would pay 60 keys for a green isotope skin when you can just get a green hot skin for 30.

7 hours ago, solpan said:

Thanks for the info.

Are you buying or selling? I've bought and sold 100's of unusual weapons if you need some actual good advice. There's a lot of "experts" that will flap their gums but from what I see here there aren't many experienced opinions. I mean anybody can pull up classifieds to looks at what there are buyers and sellers at :) what specifically do you wanna know? ya smg's are the cheapest, most expensive ones are strange unusual war paints. but in between there's a lot of grey areas.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:24 PM, Adolf Storms said:

Are you buying or selling? I've bought and sold 100's of unusual weapons if you need some actual good advice. There's a lot of "experts" that will flap their gums but from what I see here there aren't many experienced opinions. I mean anybody can pull up classifieds to looks at what there are buyers and sellers at :) what specifically do you wanna know? ya smg's are the cheapest, most expensive ones are strange unusual war paints. but in between there's a lot of grey areas.

Sujak is pretty good with weps, i'd say he knows his stuff atleast as well as you do

On 9/23/2018 at 5:24 PM, Adolf Storms said:

Neither. However when I get a weapon offer I can't figure out if it is good or bad. Do Fest and KS matter with unusuals? What is the best/worst effect?

55 minutes ago, solpan said:

Neither. However when I get a weapon offer I can't figure out if it is good or bad. Do Fest and KS matter with unusuals? What is the best/worst effect?

festivized doesnt matter at all. pro ks only matters sometimes if it's a matched or themed effect (ie agonizing emerald or mean green on an isotope) but doesn't add what a pro ks kit is worth for that weapon. might add half at best. so like if pro ks kit is selling for 10 keys, MIGHT add 4or5 if it's a good match. but that really only applies to weapons under 30 keys. over that it seems to not matter much at all. energy orb and isotope are commonly regarded as the 'best'. cool and hot come in next. BUT it does matter on the skin sometimes. Lots of grey areas. Lightning rod shotgun for example a lot more people want hot effect on because of the shotguns bright yellow / orange skin. Unusual weapons are a lot more about the look than the wear even. 1st gens (originals) don't actually increase the price like i've heard some full-time traders try and state. there are a couple collectors of these 1st gens but they're pretty full collections so don't even worry about that much. it all boils down to taste in a lot of cases. sure you can trade them around for hats and stuff, but the good and pure sales happen to those who want a specific weapon / skin / effect in the end.

Archived