FINAL PURCHASE. NEED ADVICE.

R3SP4WN

An unusual that I’ve always wanted has gone on sale via marketplace.tf for an amount that I can afford. If I could purchase this item, it would undoubtedly be the last one I make, as I would retire from trading happily ever after. 

Here’s the issue though: I don’t own a credit card or a debit card. 

I do not have a job at the moment, and therefore no steady income. As a result of this, I am completely unable to create a credit card for myself. A couple of my friends have reached out and recommended that I borrow my parent’s credit card, but I live thousands of miles away, and I seriously do not want to call them up just to ask whether I could borrow their card. 

Due to the fact that I live in Japan, there is a unique method of payment that I believe might be the key to all of this. In Japan, you are able to pay fees through convenience stores, which has allowed me to purchase several steam giftcards in the past using cash on hand. However, the deals are ridiculously limited on SCM, and the key prices are ridiculous on there. It would save so much money and time if I could somehow make a purchase through Marketplace.tf. 

So the question is, what can I do to bypass this situation? Or is it simply impossible? As far as I know, you need valid credit card information to make any purchase on marketplace.tf and I simply can’t get that. Someone has also told me to consider a prepaid card, but I do not know whether that would work on msrtketplaxe.tf

Anyway, any advice helps. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope you all have a great day.

have your tried MOL points?unsure if it will work for you.basically you go to a 7-eleven or a petrol station and ask for mol points.you go to the site and log in and key in the serial code and id code and then you can purchase steam codes

5 minutes ago, Mengh. said:

Message the owner to say that you're interested in the unusual and you're willing to overpay in unusuals / in keys and for him to hold it for you?

Sadly, ALL of my unusuals are either already set to be sold in the next week, or are not for sale. 

1 minute ago, Diamond jozu said:

have your tried MOL points?unsure if it will work for you.basically you go to a 7-eleven or a petrol station and ask for mol points.you go to the site and log in and key in the serial code and id code and then you can purchase steam codes

I have no issue purchasing steam codes. As someone living in Japan, you are literally given the option of convenience store payment to start with. However, I want to purchase an item through marketplace.tf, not steam. I’ve already lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars simply because I can only buy stuff off scm. If there is a way to exchange steam codes to marketplace.tf stuff though...

2 minutes ago, R3SP4WN said:

Sadly, ALL of my unusuals are either already set to be sold in the next week, or are not for sale. 

I have no issue purchasing steam codes. As someone living in Japan, you are literally given the option of convenience store payment to start with. However, I want to purchase an item through marketplace.tf, not steam. I’ve already lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars simply because I can only buy stuff off scm. If there is a way to exchange steam codes to marketplace.tf stuff though...

Why not sell the codes for keys?

3 minutes ago, R3SP4WN said:

or you can just buy codes and then get keys.once they get tradable,find the owner of the hat and buy it.its simpler that way.im sorry if i sound like a retard due to it being midnight now but if you're experiencing too many problems with real cash or mp.tf,use my way 

7 minutes ago, Danny - QB/S Spells & BPs said:

Why not sell the codes for keys?

I find this to be very risky, and extremely time consuming. Not only do I not know how to make this trade work, one of my former friends was literally banned for scamming people with this method, and I don’t have crystal clear rep either. Definitely not an option.

7 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

or you can just buy codes and then get keys.once they get tradable,find the owner of the hat and buy it.its simpler that way.im sorry if i sound like a retard due to it being midnight now but if you're experiencing too many problems with real cash or mp.tf,use my way 

I believe that the seller of the unusual is discounting heavily on the price of the unusual because it’s fast and easy through cash. Not sure if he’d accept even if I got the equivalent price of keys. What really makes this method impossible is that I literally lose 20,000¥ or nearly 200$ by buying then keys off scm, instead of marketplace.tf That’s CRAZY. Not to mention the trade hold of doom.

6 minutes ago, R3SP4WN said:

I find this to be very risky, and extremely time consuming. Not only do I not know how to make this trade work, one of my former friends was literally banned for scamming people with this method, and I don’t have crystal clear rep either. Definitely not an option.

I believe that the seller of the unusual is discounting heavily on the price of the unusual because it’s fast and easy through cash. Not sure if he’d accept even if I got the equivalent price of keys. What really makes this method impossible is that I literally lose 20,000¥ or nearly 200$ by buying then keys off scm, instead of marketplace.tf That’s CRAZY. Not to mention the trade hold of doom.

You could get someone else to buy it and hold it for you until you're able to buy. Only option I really see

2 minutes ago, Danny - QB/S Spells & BPs said:

You could get someone else to buy it and hold it for you until you're able to buy. Only option I really see

I’ll never be able to buy it if I don’t have access to marketplace.tf. Would also rather not drag my friends into this mess. 

1 minute ago, R3SP4WN said:

I’ll never be able to buy it if I don’t have access to marketplace.tf. Would also rather not drag my friends into this mess. 

How about asking the seller whether he's willing to sell his unusual on SCM? 

6 hours ago, R3SP4WN said:

Here’s the issue though: I don’t own a credit card or a debit card. 

I do not have a job at the moment, and therefore no steady income. As a result of this, I am completely unable to create a credit card for myself.

How do you exist with no credit/debit card? 

You don't have any sort of bank account at all?

I understand you don't have a job at the moment, but have you ever had one in the past, and if so, how were you paid? 

Have you always paid for things and been paid in cash? 

How is that possible? 

Unless...Are you a prostitute??

...turns out I have more questions than answers.

3 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

I uh, I gotta wonder if buying an expensive virtual hat is the best move when you have no income

I'm on the same thought pattern here. I only buy virtual hats because I have disposable income. To spend money like that without ways of recouping your expenses will lead to very bad places in the future.

Eh, just a reminder that marketplace.tf has giftcards, if you're somehow able to get them, this could work. Though i have no idea how you can get them outside of buying off marketplace.tf and how they work

Archived