WhAtS gOiNg On?!?!?!?!??!

CHEESEPUFF

so I am the one who owns the only Strange Death By Disco Duck Billed Hatypuss, and I want to know why did the price go down on it! can they do that?! I don't know entirely how it works, but if I own the only one. I should be the one who chooses the price. and the thing really gets me is that the normal one just went up to 350!!!!!! mine should be more BEING THE ONLY STRANGE! so if anyone is any good at this kind of stuff, tell me how to fix this and why this happens. thank you.

here are the links:

strange: https://backpack.tf/stats/Strange Unusual/Duck Billed Hatypus/Tradable/Craftable/100

unique: https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Duck Billed Hatypus/Tradable/Craftable/100

Read the suggestions. The strange version got it's price based off of what you and the person before you paid for it. A similar situation happened with the normal version.

If you want the price of your hat raised, sell it at a higher price. If you're keeping the hat however, why should you care about it's price?

cAlM yOUr TiTs.

the normal is 350 coz many sales occurred.if yours is 1/1,only 2 sales occurred

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5b2d74e4cf6c7538bf5fa7fb

as you can see in the suggestion for yours,2 sales occurred which is yours and the first owner.if you think yours is at a ridiculous price,then just sell yours for more than 35 keys.lols.i dont see the problem here.

well....I just like how my backpack was in the 4000's...and now its the 6000's ;-; and....I feel better with a higher price.... and it really just scared me. I didn't understand why it went down and it scared me. also higher unusual=higher bragging rights o3o

1 hour ago, CHEESEPUFF said:

I didn't understand why it went down

That was because of your Zoomin' Broom taunt. It took a 70 key drop about a month ago.

3 hours ago, CHEESEPUFF said:

so I am the one who owns the only Strange Death By Disco Duck Billed Hatypuss, and I want to know why did the price go down on it! can they do that?! I don't know entirely how it works, but if I own the only one. I should be the one who chooses the price. and the thing really gets me is that the normal one just went up to 350!!!!!! mine should be more BEING THE ONLY STRANGE! so if anyone is any good at this kind of stuff, tell me how to fix this and why this happens. thank you.

here are the links:

strange: https://backpack.tf/stats/Strange Unusual/Duck Billed Hatypus/Tradable/Craftable/100

unique: https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Duck Billed Hatypus/Tradable/Craftable/100

Fortunately for you the SCM price for the strange unusual is $100 higher than the normal unusual. Sadly due to the bizarre way the incoherent suggestions work here you may well only get the higher value from the SCM and not quick buyer heaven (bp.tf) as it clearly states on here its worth less. But SCM clearly says otherwise. Go by the SCM for the time being because clearly there is something broken with the pricing structure..

3 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Fortunately for you the SCM price for the strange unusual is $100 higher than the normal unusual. Sadly due to the bizarre way the incoherent suggestions work here you may well only get the higher value from the SCM and not quick buyer heaven (bp.tf) as it clearly states on here its worth less. But SCM clearly says otherwise. Go by the SCM for the time being because clearly there is something broken with the pricing structure..

it's more like the weird way the market works, not how bptf works.  suggestions essentially are just a record of sales that actually have occurred.

11 hours ago, AD⚡HD said:

thats not how this works at all

it's too bad too, for new players its confusing cause that appears to make perfect sense

1 hour ago, SneakySpinarak said:

it's too bad too, for new players its confusing cause that appears to make perfect sense

how does that make sense at all

16 hours ago, CHEESEPUFF said:

but if I own the only one. I should be the one who chooses the price. and the thing really gets me is that the normal one just went up to 350!!!!!! mine should be more BEING THE ONLY STRANGE! so if anyone is any good at this kind of stuff, tell me how to fix this and why this happens. thank you.

oh my god that sentence makes me want to cry and cringe at the same time

On 9/2/2018 at 2:51 PM, AD⚡HD said:

how does that make sense at all

the fuck? how does it not? if you own the only signed copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller album you can sell it for whatever you want and no one can tell you shit you can sell it for $5 or $50,000 cause there's literally no one else who can sell the exact item at a different price point. That's how the real world works buddy.  

5 hours ago, SneakySpinarak said:

the fuck? how does it not? if you own the only signed copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller album you can sell it for whatever you want and no one can tell you shit you can sell it for $5 or $50,000 cause there's literally no one else who can sell the exact item at a different price point. That's how the real world works buddy.  

Its not like that though, you can sell it at what ever price you want. But this would be like lying about what it sold in the past to get more out of it. It’s not 8000 just cause you think it is, if you sell it for that than sure but if it’s sold for 40 keys, it’s forty keys. That’s how this site works buddy.

18 minutes ago, CHEESEPUFF said:

is there any way I can get the suggested price fixed? cause im pretty sure a strange would be worth more than a unique...right?

find a valid (i.e. in-date, not with scammers, etc.) sale for a strange version and make a suggestion using that sale

2 minutes ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

find a valid (i.e. in-date, not with scammers, etc.) sale for a strange version and make a suggestion using that sale

well only one exists and I honestly didn't really think I need to have a valid picture of the transaction

3 hours ago, CHEESEPUFF said:

is there any way I can get the suggested price fixed?

Sell it for a higher price. Remember, it got it's price based off of what you paid for it.

15 hours ago, CHEESEPUFF said:

well only one exists and I honestly didn't really think I need to have a valid picture of the transaction

getting a picture/screenshot is easy, just dig through your inventory history on steam (just for future reference)

On 9/7/2018 at 5:10 AM, CHEESEPUFF said:

is there any way I can get the suggested price fixed? cause im pretty sure a strange would be worth more than a unique...right?

Are you stupid? Or just new to trading? 

The prices are determined on how much you bought/sold it for. If your strange version has never been sold or bought for a certain price, then it’s currently unpriced. You can’t just bloody make up your own prices. And I hate to disappoint you, but your hat isn’t worth nearly 300 keys ;) , so id recommend worrying about the price dropping now as I doubt you’d  even get offers close to 200 in the future.

now please close this post before you spread more salt 

On 9/6/2018 at 10:10 PM, CHEESEPUFF said:

perhaps just create a website where the community can price unusuals instead of reporting sales... - otherwise just move on and dont bother. like someone already stated: people here usually dont care about strange or not, number in existence and availability, tiers, quicksells, dreamhats or unexperienced traders, they just report every sale they find, doesnt matter how unreasonable and unbalanced a sale was.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, R3SP4WN said:

Are you stupid? Or just new to trading? 

The prices are determined on how much you bought/sold it for. If your strange version has never been sold or bought for a certain price, then it’s currently unpriced. You can’t just bloody make up your own prices. And I hate to disappoint you, but your hat isn’t worth nearly 300 keys ;) , so id recommend worrying about the price dropping now as I doubt you’d  even get offers close to 200 in the future.

now please close this post before you spread more salt 

oh so strange is around 200 while unique is 350 makes sense 😕

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:30 AM, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

getting a picture/screenshot is easy, just dig through your inventory history on steam (just for future reference)

thanks bunches I totally forgot that lol

15 hours ago, thedirtierthebetter said:

perhaps just create a website where the community can price unusuals instead of reporting sales... - otherwise just move on and dont bother. like someone already stated: people here usually dont care about strange or not, number in existence and availability, tiers, quicksells, dreamhats or unexperienced traders, they just report every sale they find, doesnt matter how unreasonable and unbalanced a sale was.

my question is how it went down in price when ive had this for months and its one:one and I didn't trade it for 180

Archived