Phone Recommendations

The Penguins

My LG G4 is about to die. Does anyone have any phone recommendations? I prefer Android phones and I'm on the Verizon network so OnePlusOne phones are out for me. I also have a strong leaning toward Samsung and Motorola. 

Edit: Should probably mention price range of below $1000 and I'm on CDMA

not sure how its like in the us but i've gotten a Xiaomi A1 Mi for nearly a year now and its never let me down, its a great phone for only about 150 euro

I currently use the Galaxy Note8. Great phone if you can find one at a good price (they should be dropping in price since the Note9 is out).

Many of the value offerings like OnePlus are out of reach since they don't officially work on Verizon's CDMA network, so check out a few.

• Essential Phone - The company may not be doing so hot but the phone is still pretty nice, especially at the price it's at. It's also running Android Pie.
  • Google Pixel 2 XL - Fast updates
  • iPhone 7/8 - If you like iOS or want to experience the Apple ecosystem

Notice one thing: The 3 phones I showed have no headphone jack and an SD card slot. If you need those 2, you're effectively limited to 2 brands if we're talking new phones; LG and Samsung.

If that's the case, look at the LG V30 or Note8. Or find a Galaxy S9 at a good price.

Come on people, Nokia is known for making the best phones around! Best battery, pretty much no timed death, good prices... The best. I had one once that lasted 10 years! I changed it because I wanted to play Clash of Clans on it and it was a Windows Phone... Otherwise it was pristine.

7 hours ago, Le-Sten said:

Come on people, Nokia is known for making the best phones around! Best battery, pretty much no timed death, good prices... The best. I had one once that lasted 10 years! I changed it because I wanted to play Clash of Clans on it and it was a Windows Phone... Otherwise it was pristine.

Well, Nokia makes Android phones now. 

Well, not Nokia technically but a company called HMD Global, who's primarily made up of Nokia employees. 

Archived